Queen Saturday- Miss Teen Diamond Lucy


Another Queen Saturday is here and this week we are talking to the newly crowned Miss Teen Diamond Lucy, who is the definition of coming back stronger after a defeat, showing to never give up on your dreams! We wanted to find out more about this fabulous queen so read on to find out more!

Thank you Lucy for talking to Sparkles and Rhinestones, first of all tell us your new title and how you prepared for the finals?

My title is Miss Teen Diamond UK 2019, having previously held the title of Miss Teen South London Diamond 2018/19. This was my third year competing in diamond, so when I started preparing I was so motivated. I started appearances as soon as I got my sash, my total was 79 appearances, as well as raising £2103.06 for the chosen charities. My stage prep was lots and lots of practicing, as someone who used to have bad habits, seeing yourself doing your routine is a must! I received coaching from Grace Levy who is absolutely incredible and totally transformed my walk and gave me so much confident!

Pageant training is a must! Also reading up (as I know you also have our sparkles manual 😉). As part of Miss Teen Diamond, you get to compete in Vegas! How is international prep going?

My internationals are in July, so there are lots of preparation! I am so excited to finally be going! I’m
focusing mainly on my national title, as I want to do it justice. I have a secret project coming up which is under wraps at the moment but will be out in the next two months. It’s still top secret but I’ll give you a hint- it relates to my platform and career so keep an eye out!

Speaking of your platform, can you tell us what your platform is?

My platform is inclusivity and diversity, especially within pageantry! I am passionate about pageantry and what it has given me. Pageantry not only gives us confidence, life skills and incredible support groups, but also a voice and an audience! Minority’s such as LGBTQ + people are often the least heard, so I want to encourage these people to enter pageants. Transgender woman specifically is a topic of controversy in pageantry, I want to see more pageants allowing trans woman to compete and more trans women competing, through my reign I will be talking to more directors within the pageant community about this issue. I believe everyone should feel included and
welcome in pageantry and be able to gain the incredible things we get from pageantry!

Some important issues to discuss! Tell us, what is your favourite round in the competition?

My favourite round to compete in is interview, as I love the interaction and energy in the room, as well as getting to discuss my platform and open discussions. Having said that I absolutely adore watching evening wear as there is so much stylisation in it, it is often seen as just an elegant round, but women interpret elegant differently. You get to see all these amazing women being strong, sexy, graceful, regal, magnificent, pretty, fierce all whilst still being elegant and I honestly think it shows how incredibly versatile femininity is!

What has been your favourite moment in pageantry so far?

My best moment HAS to be my crowning! I was absolutely having a moment during my crowning, but it was the most awesome feeling hearing my name called! It’s an emotion I cannot express, all my hard work came together, the plasters on my feet, the early mornings at many car boots, and all the car journeys to appearances, all leading to that moment.

Finally, any advice to pageant finalists waiting for that crowning moment?

My advice would be to make your time as a finalist count. Be proud of your time as a finalist. Even if I hadn’t of won, I could of still walked away proud because my time as Miss Teen Diamond South London mattered. I went out in my community and talked to people, had the most amazing conversations with young gay people who believed pageantry wasn’t for them due to stereotypes they held, this was one of my proudest moments. By seeing me as a finalist I made a difference to those young people and show them I could pursue this stereotypically very feminine thing, as a gay woman, and it does not affect mine or their validity. You can make that sort of
difference. Don’t wait to be a queen to do it! Go change the world!

You can follow Lucy's journey here:




Comments