The Natural Beauties behind Miss Natural Beauty Internationals


April is well and truly here, and that means the start of the Miss Natural Beauty finals! From the UK heats, it has now spread towards nationwide heats across the UK with the winners getting an international trip to Spain in May 2019 (any room in those suitcases?!). The ethos of Miss Natural Beauty is in the name, embodying what a true pageant queen should be. We spoke to the director Rebecca Cunningham, a national titleholder herself, as well as some current queens and finalists!  

Director Rebecca
"I first launched Miss Natural Beauty back in 2014. I am a pageant girl with a difference and not your typical girl, I entered pageants turning up with 100s of apperences and 1000s raised and never placed because I was never the most confident girl and pageant girl "size" so I decided to set up a pageant who accepts any weight, height, married, un married, disabilitys etc. I wanted title holders who were committed, loved fundraising, loved working in the community and supporting others and someone who could dress for their shape/size no matter what size that may be.
At natural beauty you score more points off stage than on, when I had competed myself I was fed up of working soooo hard for months someone would enter a few days before enter and win. I wanted a pageant where those hard working girls was noticed and grow in confidence while having the crown.
We now run England, Scotland and Wales heats age 0-7 that win a prize package of a day out tickets of their choice, photoshoots and prizes.I send age 8+ to spain international finals which is also ran by myself .This is held in a private luxary villia, with bbqs, pizza partys, go karting, water park photoshoots, team building and of course the main event its self."

Amber- Miss Natural Beauty Scotland 2017

 "Since I won my titles, I have been really busy travelling all over the UK to try to promote Natural Beauty Pageant as best I can. I have attended lots of charity events and I continue to fundraise for Abbie’s Army and for Team Mila. So far I have held a sponsored trampoline session, lottery bonus balls, and have been involved in my local community with fundraising for other important causes. Every year I hold a Talent Quest in my local community and my next one is in June this year. I have made so many friends throughout my NB journey and I feel so lucky to have such an amazing director in Rebecca. To the finalists I would say enjoy every minute of your experience and make lots of friends-the crown is awesome but the friendships made are the real prize".

Kiah- Miss Natural Beauty UK 2017

"I have attended lots of events as Miss Natural Beauty UK. I have been honoured to have been asked to judge, compare and help out at pageants and charity events. I have travelled all over the UK with my crown and sash to promote Natural Beauty. I have held my own charity pageants to raise money for Abbie’s army with my mums help. My message to others finalist would be have fun, be yourself, make lots of new friends, enjoy yourself and cherish the opportunities that are given to you"

Sherie- Ms Natural Beauty Finalist 2018

"On the lead up to the finals I have attended many event to promote my title. I have judged several pageants and appeared on the welsh tv channel sc4. I have held various charity fundraisers such as online photo competitions, raffles, tombolas at events and held my own charity pageant for my daughters fundraiser. I have also helped judge and help out at other contestants fundraising events. On New Year’s Day I was honoured to be ask to attend the annual homeless dinner in Hindley where I met lots of amazing people.
At Christmas I also donated selection boxes to the children’s ward of Warrington hospital. If I was to win the title I would like to continue my fundraising for Abbies army and to promote Natural beauty and Abbie’s army at every opportunity by taking my crown and sash with me where I go. I hope to be a good role model and to inspire other people to try pageants no matter of their shape or size"

Fran- Natural Beauty Wales Finalist

"Fran been doing some a few charity events. One event has been her brother Luke dyed his hair pink and got sponsored for doing it. We also held a charity curry night. We have travelled across the UK to help support other charity events as well. At Easter we took Easter Eggs to the children's ward and Easter teddies to Scubu as Fran has spent a lot of time in hospital and we know how horrible it can be in there, so we spread a little bit of joy!
If Fran wins she wants to raise as much money possible and also want to show everyone that it doesn’t matter if you have a disability or not you can do anything you want if you put your mind to it!"


Thank you to all involved who gave us their time for our Natural Beauty blog, a massive good luck to all the finalists starting with the Miss Natural Beauty England finals on the 29th April. If you would like to find out more, find Natural Beauty Internationals on Facebook! 




Comments