Queen Saturday: Bombshell Vicky


Queen Saturday is back! Each Saturday we will be bringing you an inspiring beauty queen and her story! Queens from all systems, sharing the one thing that unites us all, pageantry!

This week I have the inspiring Vicky Lang, who you will see at events all over the UK, from the judging seat to helping out backstage, she is a queen of everything and here is her story!




Thank you for talking to Sparkles and Rhinestones Vicky! Can you tell us your current title?

My Current title is Miss International Bombshell, having previously held the title Miss Italian Bombshell.

How have you enjoyed your title year so far?

My title year has been a couple of years, I’m never going to hand the title over! I will be competing at internationals at some point, but for now I have enjoyed a variety of different appearances, from charity events, social media appearances, volunteer work as well as working with my platform charity. I am always up for a challenge and have done some crazy challenges for charity, including wing walks and one that was very important a sleep out for charity, highlighting the struggles of homelessness. Through my title I have also passed a lot of different courses to allow me to work alongside women’s aid as a domestic violence ambassador

Amazing work and you should just be the bombshell queen forever! You talked about your charities, tell us more?

My main charity focus is Me and Dee, who are a charity that provide holidays for children with uncertain futures due to terminal illness. They also recently started to support ex service men who suffer from PTSD by helping create memories to treasure forever. I have several platforms of which help, as I couldn’t say no, but it’s also things that are close to my heart. Seeds is a charity I support, my role has been to talk about my abuse, sexual abuse as a child and domestic abuse in adulthood, to help offer support and knowledge. As a survivor we engage with services like the police and social workers to name a few, and try to improve that service for survivors through campaigning for better legislation or providing support when the system fails.



As well as this, I also support The Brain Tumour Charity, having overcome three of my own it’s had it’s challenges, and I still don’t believe there is enough knowledge out there or awareness so this is something I have been helping raise for. Lastly I have been fundraising for Jacob’s fight. Jacob is a 2 year old boy fighting Neurobalstoma, a form of cancer, since 2017. He needs to fundraise to get to America for life saving treatment, £250,000 worth of funds! South Wales has really got together and raised thousands, we are currently on £205,000 which is a huge achievement and very happy to be a part of it.

Amazing work! Moving onto pageants itself, what is your favourite round at a pageant final?

My absolute favourite round is when we get to talk about our journey, this is the most heart wrenching round within Bombshell. It is the most intimate moment when we have time to talk about our platforms, and why
they mean so much to us, it never fails to leave tears in the audience eyes!

Do you have a favourite moment in pageantry?

My Favourite moment in pageantry is listening to the winners, that proud moment when all the hard work pays off, when everyone relaxes and they take centre stage to collect THE crown!

Lastly, do you have any parting advice to our readers?

My advice to anyone, regardless to winning the crown, you are all unique and have a goal, visualise that goal, inspire others around you, but enjoy your journey as well! Never give up, but also don’t try to be someone else. Pour your heart into what you want, and I repeat to myself, don’t give up because as the saying goes, if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again!



Thank you Vicky for being an amazing interviewee! You can find more about Vicky and follow her pageant journey at the following pages:






Comments