Luck of the Irish: Miss Galaxy Ireland finalists

The time has finally come to crown the new Ireland Galaxy queens, after a change of director and change of venue, soon the new queens will take their crowns from Belfast to Orlando. The luck of the Irish was in full force at last years finals with a lot of placings for the queens, a special note to Charlotte who placed 1st runner up at the Mrs and is now a new mother of three,(pending on if she has given birth when this comes out!) how times change in a year!

Director Kay, who took over Galaxy Ireland said, " Galaxy has always been our favourite system, and when asked to take over in August, I was honored to try my best and build a great team. The contestants who have entered have been the best we could have wished for, they go above and beyond which makes me very proud to be their director, and is worth all the time I give to the
pageant! I am excited to see which new 9 queens will be coming to internationals with us! I wish we could take everyone as they are all so amazing, a massive good luck to everyone competing and we can't wait to put on a show for everyone watching live or on live stream!"

We spoke to some of the contestants who are planning to take the trip to Belfast, and get the chance to represent their country of Ireland at Galaxy Internationals this August. We asked them how they have been preparing, and what they would do if they had won!


Alyssa Watts, Miss Teen Kiltimagh Galaxy

During the lead up to the Galaxy Ireland finals I have put my heart and soul into the system and have been travelling all around the country doing appearances and using my title as a platform to promote and help many charities, I have also hosted a charity photo-shoot day, which went amazingly and raised £235! I am also teaming up with Little Miss Galaxy England ,Brooke Butler and Tiny Miss Galaxy England Lilly Chungh to host a charity day at the races! I am proud of myself for the work I have put into the system especially when only entering around two months ago.

If I won the title I’d Miss Teen Galaxy Ireland I think the first thing I would do is definitely cry, because I have put so much hard work and dedication into the galaxy system and competed in it 7 times now! I would then go to the hotel room and have a big pizza party ,which we do after every competition and finally start planning all those appearances!

I would want to spend my year being the best queen I could. My favourite part about competing is the confidence it has given me, and the wonderful friends I have met through pageants. I also love that I can use my title as a platform, to help out charities and do as many public appearances as possible.

Lucy Hollister - Miss Teen Galaxy Tipperary.

On the lead up to the finals I've been very busy attending local and national events. I've been volunteering more recently within the community as well as fundraising for the National Autistic Society and Dementia U.K.

If I were to win the title of Miss Teen Galaxy Ireland, it would mean the world to me, I've worked so hard these past months and knowing it didn't go unnoticed will make me even more determined to continue to work as hard as I have been. I will celebrate with those closest to me and continue to raise money for charities close to my heart.

My favourite part of competing is the fact I get to meet so many amazing and inspirational girls and create so many friendships which last for life.



Brooke Butler- Little Miss Galaxy England 

Brooke is only 7 but she is really excited about finals, from putting her outfits on and walking on the big girl stage. She is currently doing a charity day at Wolverhampton Race Course, they have donated 50 tickets to her to sell with the money going to charity.

Brooke's favourite part of her journey so far was meeting the international Pre- Teen Jodi, she doesn't stop talking about her and would love to follow in her footsteps.

Galaxy is the dream and she can't wait to take those steps towards an international crown!

Megan Darlington- Miss Galaxy Limerick

My journey has been over 10 months in the making, having placed at the UK Galaxy Pageants, I have been so grateful to have a second chance and carry on my Galaxy journey into the Ireland Pageant Finals.

To prepare,I have been practicing and attending as many evens as I can squeeze in around work! If I won, I know I would be over the moon as I have tried so hard to get to Galaxy Internationals, I don't think it will quite sink in straight away though!

I love all parts of pageantry, like meeting all the fellow contestants, but nothing beats getting on that stage and feeding off all the energy from the crowd!

Jasmine Foley- Mrs Galaxy County Mayo

I have been able to do some fantastic things with my title, leading on from placing at the UK Galaxy Pageants. I've worked with small business to support their growth, attended and volunteered at lots of charity events and created articles and videos about mental health and confidence for the Irish Youth Information Website SpunOut.

If I won Mrs Ireland Galaxy, following in the amazing footsteps of Charlotte, I will be launching my next project which is all about growing confidence. I will continue to work on supporting young people in understanding the importance of personal growth, and improving their mental health.

I love that, through pageants, I have grown so much as a person in a short space of time since starting pageants 8 months ago. I have learnt how to use my skills to help others and have a bigger impact on the world. It's given me a platform and a voice to do amazing things, which I will now continue to do for as long as I can. I also love being on stage, and have been a performer since a young age so that is definitely an added bonus!


There are just a few of the girls who will be competing in Belfast, lastly we have our current queens on their year!


Laura Gardiner-Ms Galaxy Ireland and 2nd Runner Up Ms Galaxy International

The 18 months I have spent as Ms Galaxy Ireland have been a dream! It took me 10 years to win my dream title, so when I actually won, it was unbelievable!

Throughout my titleholder year I have dedicated my time to empowering women all over the world, from TV appearances talking about equality, to presenting at International Women's Day events . The finals in the US were beyond my expectations, I have done a few internationals, but this was by far my favourite! You genuinely feel like part of a  family with the Galaxy family!

 Good Luck to my successor, you will have the most amazing year!


Beth- Junior Miss Galaxy 2017 and Third Runner Up

I have had the pleasure to be the Junior Miss Galaxy winner for two years, and had the most amazing time! Florida was amazing, Maria has always made me feel like part of a big family! I met so many wonderful girls at Internationals!

 Through my title, I have had lots of chances to promote the Galaxy Ireland system and raise awareness for my platform, Autism.

Whoever takes my crown will have an adventure of an lifetime and I can't wait to see their pageant journey




Comments