Queen Saturday: A Pint Sized Beauty Queen

It's Queen Saturday here at Sparkles and Rhinestones, we've been away for a couple of weeks due to handing over my European title and being ill! But we are back! This Saturday we have Jade Dando in the hot seat, the current Miss Beauty UK 2018 as well as becoming the new Young European International Miss Wiltshire (because Miss Beauty UK is a charity pageant, their winners are allowed to compete in other systems and progress to internationals, as well as having the reigns extended for an extra 5 months). Jade has been competing since 2014 and was also involved in Face of the Globe where just mere weeks before the internationals, the director took all the money and Disney never happened for a lot of pageant girls! 


1. How did you get into pageants and what’s your current title?

I was originally scouted for Miss Teen Queen at a dance festival which was the first I'd ever heard of pageants. From there I saw a heat for Miss Swindon in my local area and I decided to go for it without telling anyone. After getting 1st runner up, I was extremely shocked. Then caught the pageant bug have been competing since. In January I was crowned Miss Beauty UK 2018/19.


2. You won your place for FOTG but sadly the internationals didn’t happen, how did you overcome this to win your current title?

Face of The Globe was my biggest achievement to that point and I can remember the exact moment I received the email to announce that FOTG was no more. It severely knocked my confidence and did put me off pageants. From here I decided to take a break from the industry and concentrate on my degree. I was offered a free place at Miss Spellbound which lead to a place in Miss Beauty UK 2018. This opportunity was the make or break for me as I was unsure as to whether pageants was still something I wanted to get involved in. After setting foot on stage, I realised how much I loved it and how I wasn't ready to give it up. After being crowned I was so overwhelmed and determined to make the most of my reign as I never got to see it out with FOTG. A lot of girls were hurt when FOTG collapsed but every single girl involved has picked themselves up and gone on to compete and win elsewhere.


3. What is your platform or charities that you have been working with?

Mental health is also a platform I've had throughout my pageantry and it something I will continue to raise awareness and money for. I fundraise for Mind Carrick quite often through university.
Currently my main fundraising is for Coppafeel. This year I started up the Uni Boob Team at Falmouth University and am now the president of the society. This year we are running many events to raise money for the incredible charity. We are also raising awareness for breast and pec checking for all genders at the university. We have set up many campaigns which will be running throughout the year.


4. What advice would you give to anyone looking to get into pageants?

Don't hesitate and give it a try! Pageants have honestly changed my life. They have given me confidence and amazing opportunities. It's worth giving it a try, because you will make the most amazing memories. The main thing it's given me in friendships. I have made the most amazing friends throughout the last few years. People I would have never met without pageants, and I couldn't imagine my life without them.

Thank you to Jade and a massive good luck for nationals! If you would like to feature in Queen Saturday, drop us a message!

Comments