Queen Saturday: The Belle of the Ball

This week's Queen Saturday takes us all the way to sunny Spain as we talk to Jessica Ferguson who will be competing in Spain as your Miss Belle UK 2017/18, We asked her a few questions about her pageant journey and what causes she supports as a beauty queen. A massive good luck for the internationals, we can't wait to see the photos! 


What made you start competing in pageants?

I started competing in pageants back in 2015. I had been struggling for months whilst at college with my newly diagonised anxiety and depression I felt I had no one to turn to and my confidence was at an all time low. I came across an add on Facebook about a local beauty pageant and decided that this was what I needed to make myself get up out of bed every morning. After my first pageant I was hooked and it really has helped me manage my mental health.


What is your current title and what have you been doing to prepare for the finals?

My current title is Miss Belle UK 2017-18 and I am going to be competing in the Belle International Finals in April 2019 in Spain 🇪🇸I have been trying to do as many appearances as I can and working hard to carry on raising money for my chosen charity which is the Ronald McDonald Alderhey Liverpool house. The Ronald McDonald Alderhey Liverpool house is an amazing and such a worthwhile charity to raise for as they help accommodate parents and families of children who are in hospital and help them be able to stay with them during such a difficult time in their life. They rely solely on the generosity of the public donations and it costs them £150 a night to house one family.

Do you have a platform and if so what are you doing to promote it ?

My platform is mental health awareness, I feel so strongly about this and would love to one day have enough confidence to be an advocate going into schools to do talks to children and teens about this taboo topic. I want to inspire others that they can still achieve anything they want even if they do have mental health issues it’s ok to be afraid because you are not alone and don’t let anyone stop you from doing anything you want to especially if it’s yourself! 

What is your proudest moment in your pageantry journey?

My proudest moment was winning Miss Belle UK,I’ve never won a national title before and this will be my first opportunity to compete on an international level so it is so exciting! My international director Emma has been amazing and supportive aswell as my pageant sister Jasmine and my pageant mother Rachel.


 Lastly any advice for people looking to start pageants?

I would say to anyone starting pageants that just be yourself because everyone else is taken! Be genuine, don’t pretend to be someone else because you are great the way you are and if you're being fake the judges will be able to tell.

 


Comments