Beauty with a Purpose: Tracie and Breast Cancer

We all do the fun runs in the summer, the pretty mudders, we raise awareness through Facebook challenges and donate to different cancer charities but how many of us actually check our own boobs, men included! 1 in 3 woman will get cancer in their lifetime which is a horrible fact, but one that should be addressed that regular checks can save lives!! The current Miss Voluptuous Ambassador Tracie is here to tell you her story and why you should always coppa feel!  


!I had a pain in my boob, my youngest was 18 months old and only 16 months between her and the next youngest so assumed it was hormonal. 2 weeks later I had the pain back and as I rubbed across my boob and under my arm I found a small lump. Then than 2 weeks later I was diagnosed with invasive ductual carcinoma .. aggressive breast cancer. I had chemo, I had both breasts removed and radio therapy.



But my cancer had already spread and I was told I have residual cancer. Once day it will return somewhere and it will be uncurable. As a young woman that’s scary, as a mum of 4 it’s terrifying
so I looked around cos I figured if I didn’t know I could get breast cancer at 34, then many others wouldn’t do. I found CoppaFeel who were founded by a woman who was diagnosed at 23 with stage 4 breast cancer after being told she was too young for 6 months!



CoppaFeel send people like me to talk to young people about why its so important to check your boobs. It’s not about looking for cancer but knowing your body well so that any changes can be checked out. The earlier a cancer diagnosis is the more successful and less invasive the treatments are.

I stay positive because telling my children was the hardest thing I’ve done. But if I had found it earlier it may have been different. I go and tell my story so someone else doesn’t have to have that conversation with their kids.



With 1 in 8 (55, 000) women and 400 men a year in the uk alone getting diagnosed with breast cancer it’s so important to check. You can find out how and more facts at www.coppafeel.org or try the brand new launched today coppacollege at https://coppafeel.org/avon/getting-to-know-your-boobs/

It sounds cheesy but knowing your boobs can save your life!



I am the Current Miss Voluptuous Ambassador Queen and I entered pageants whilst on treatments because I thought, where else can I get the chance to speak to as many people as possible about my cause?

Miss Voluptuous is platform based so I have been really lucky to be able to go out and shout about it and make huge difference to awareness"

Comments