Back for round two: Miss Leicestershire Galaxy's story

Here at Sparkles and Rhinestones we interview pageant queens from all different walks of life and different pageant titles, from the regional finalist to international queens! Today's Queen Saturday comes from Miss Leicestershire Galaxy Emma Collins who has told her pageant journey to us! Enjoy the read and a massive good luck for next year's finals! 

What made you enter pageants? 

As a 5"0 ft, tattooed, curvy scientist, I'm not exactly the stereotypical beauty queen! My goal is to simply inspire, and use social media to inspire others to join in the fun of pageantry at the same time as making a difference to the world! I have an idea currently I am playing around with, about holding a charity pageant celebrating contestants individuality. I am still coming up with ideas about rounds, but I would definitely love to have a round surrounding the careers and hobbies these women embark in, as a Geochemist myself, I know I would love to show off my lab coat to the world, as it is my armour in a very male dominated sector.

                         What is your platform and what do you promote as a titleholder? 

 I am a huge advocate of children's charities and mental health charities, as a child abuse survivor of over 20 years. I was severely damaged as a result of this childhood, being left with depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts and a severe distrust of women.

Pageantry has massively helped me through these parts of me. Previously, the thought of talking to a woman filled me with anxiety so bad I would have panic attacks, and the thought of trying anything new would make me feel sick. At pageants, this all changes, I become confident, at ease and happy, overwhelmed by the love the women who compete in these pageants have for one other. Even just a simple hello, telling someone they look fantastic in their swimwear, or just fixing a stray hair can make a huge difference to people!
How does being Miss Leicestershire Galaxy make you feel? 

I cannot wait for my coming year representing Leicestershire, it was the place I escaped to after my years of child abuse, the place I became a master of geology, and the place I started my career as a woman in geochemistry. I want to therefore give back to this incredible community and hopefully raise some money for charity along the way!



Comments