An English Rose: Miss Teen Crown and Glory England's story

This week's Queen Saturday comes from Freya, the current Teen Crown and Glory England titleholder! Freya tells us here at Sparkles and Rhinestones all about her pageant journey and how it has lead her to the national finals Of Crown and Glory UK in August. We wish you all the best Freya! 

What made you enter pageants? 
 It started when I was sadly bullied, through my high school years, by this time I had moved school for the 3rd time and was truly fed up off feeling so low about myself. I was contacted by a pageant system - Junior Miss Bolton & Bury, I just wanted my confidence back. So I took the leap and applied but thought nothing of it. A few days later I received a phone call, letting me know I had been given a place in the finals, I was super nervous & I had recently been told I had anxiety. My anxiety got worse a few days later, spending a full week in bed, not eating and barely drinking, I was then admitted to hospital where I was told that the reason I felt so ill was because of my anxiety.


A few weeks flew by and finals came, I was super nervous and everyone thought I would back out, I got on stage and my family saw a total different person, I ended up winning 1st RU, Popularity & charity. I carried on with my pageant journey which lead to Galaxy, Royal U.K., World wide & of course Crown & Glory England, Crown & Glory England is where all my dreams came true.


How did it feel winning Teen Crown and Glory England?

I won my first BIG title, the title of my dreams, that I had dreamed of for quite sometime but wasn’t 100% sure whether to apply, when I finally took the leap I managed to win: charity, congeniality, interview, most appearances and of course Teen Crown & Glory England, I am now preparing to compete for the national title on August 25th in Wrexham, so far I have worked super hard by the time nationals arrives I will have done lots of appearances to prepare myself. I am super excited to get back up on stage and be reunited with all my sister queens from England, Scotland, Ireland & Wales as well as new C&G finalists!

What charity have you been fundraising for and how are you preparing for the finals? 

I have been Fundraising for Abbie’s Army which is a children’s DIPG Brain Tumour Charity which supports families living with a child with DIPG or who have sadly lost their child due to DIPG! So far I have done raffles, bonus balls etc. I held a Hollywood Ball & 18th August I’m doing an abseil, I have so much more planned through my reign!

Comments