The Queens behind the blue crown-National Treasure winners 2017/18

National Treasure Pageants has been running since 2014, created by Scottish pageant queen Freya Taylor, and has seen its fair share of amazing queens. Although the pageant is taking a break this year, there are still three amazing queens who have been making waves with those iconic blue crowns since being crowned last year. At Sparkles and Rhinestones, we got to talk to the queens and ask them how their winning journey has been?


Miss Teen National Treasure- Sophie Dorricott

1. What did it feel like winning the title?  When I heard my name being called out as your new Teen National Treasure 2017/18 I was overwhelmed with excitement. I knew that everything I had done preparing for finals and having fun on the day was all so worth it in the end. The main thing I have took away from my win of the title is the friendships I have made over my year, the chance to make a difference to help the Make A Wish Foundation with my National Treasure family and of course the chance to represent National Treasure in a fun and exciting way!

2. What have you done with your title year so far? Throughout my year so far, I have attended over 25 appearances. This has been attending other pageants, shoots with various photographers, travelling to Doncaster with Chris Johnston for a makeup lesson with Stacey Marie, taking part in charity fashion shows and a 5k run. They have all been amazing and I am excited to attend so much more and share my event with you all that will be happening very soon.
3. The main charity of National Treasure has been Make a Wish Foundation. How have you been fundraising for the charity?  Make a Wish is an incredible charity that grants the wishes for children who are suffering life threatening diseases. By helping this charity, you can help make the children’s wishes come true for example a whole new bedroom makeover, a family holiday to their dream destination, or a fun family day out. So far I have held a stall at my local gala day and sold lots of yummy cupcakes, done a no makeup for a month challenge and received lots of sponsors through that, I have taken part in a 5k run with other pageant girls and raised over £50, and I am holding an event soon in hope lots of people will support and take part in!

4. Lastly, what advice would you give to future pageant queens?  If I had one piece of advice for any contestant it would be, just wear a smile in everything you do. The beauty of being a queen is to have fun and just be yourself. It is the best makeup that any girl can wear. I know that during the course of my year all I have done is been myself, shared lots of my blonde moments with the girls and had lots of fun!
Miss National Treasure- Rebeka Percival


1.       What did it feel like winning the title? When I heard my name I couldn't believe it. National Treasures Pageant was only my second pageant competing in so I still thought I had a long way to go before I could earn a crown. I've always come runner up in all competitions I've entered in my life so to be crowned a queen was a real dream.



2.       What have you done with your title year so far? I've made many appearances throughout my year as Miss National Treasure from supporting fellow queens as well as hosting my own charity night for Make A Wish Foundation raising £500.I have also fundraised another £500 through Total Recall Memories Choir, a dementia society that I have been a part of for almost 5 years.



3.       The main charity of National Treasure has been Make a Wish Foundation. How have you been fundraising for the charity? As a preschool teacher I work with children every day, so they are obviously my passion in life. To raise money for a charity that allows the dreams of children to come true who may not have the chance of ever having the opportunity to fulfil this without the charity is the best thing I could do. I have done this through various fundraisers and hope to continue fundraising for a cause close to my heart.



4.       Lastly, what advice would you give to future pageant queens? Never ever give up. People may put you down, people may not understand why you do what you do but if you believe in yourself and you have passion and you enjoy it. Do it for you and only you.




Ms National Treasure Shelley Riece

1.       What did it feel like winning the title? I was absolutely over the moon, I couldn’t believe it. I was so close to giving up pageantry, because I was questioning my age, my walk and just about everything so to win was the affirmation I needed. It showed that others saw something in me that I didn’t, the confidence it has given me is immeasurable


2.       What have you done with your title year so far? I have had an amazing year so far as your Ms National Treasure 2017, travelling up and down the country to attend several events, local and national, fayres and charity events. I have judged at several pageants, both glitz and natural, and have always travelled to support various pageant girls at different finals as some girls have no support so it’s always good to lend a cheer! Once of my most memorable appearances and one photoshoot that will stand out was the Zombie Queen shoot I took part in with other fellow beauty queens! I have also completed tough mudder and appeared in two charity calendars!

3.The main charity of National Treasure has been Make a Wish Foundation. How have you been fundraising for the charity? And do you have your own platform? I have fundraised throughout my titleholder year, recently holding a Easter raffle to raise fund for the Make A Wish Foundation. My main Platform is Alzheimer Society I work very closely with people with Dementia and there just isn’t the amount of Resources for individuals and their families and supporters that there needs to be.


Lastly, what advice would you give to future pageant queens? I’ve had an amazing year, it has opened so many doors for me and really given me confidence. If I were to give any advice it would be; be true to yourself, believe in yourself there is no one like you.



Thank you ladies for giving your time to talk to us! We wish you all the best for the rest of your titleholder year and can’t wait to see National Treasures Pageants back in action soon!




Comments