Scottish Beauties of Scotland Supreme- Who will wear the crown next?


April is just around the corner which means for 4 Scottish Beauties, it’s time to crown their successors at the Scotland Supreme finals this April 7th. Miss Scotland Supreme is a Scottish beauty pageant which promotes inner beauty and self-confidence, as well as raising funds for Brighter Stars, a charity which helps bereaved families. This pageant was set up by Amy Davidson and is in its third year. Here at Sparkles and Rhinestones we talked to the current queens, as well as some of the finalists to see what the Scotland Supreme pageant meant to them and how they had been using their titles:

Savannah Laird: Mini Scotland Supreme: Since being crowned your mini Scotland supreme I’ve had the most fantastic year!! Travelling all over the UK and meeting new people with my sister queens!! I will cherish the bond I have made with them and my amazing director for my whole life!! I was one of the youngest to enter Scotland supreme and I had so much fun! I would say to the girls this year competing to do the same and not to take it too seriously. Enjoy and cherish ever moment of it!!
Farryn Smith- Junior Scotland Supreme: Being crowned junior Scotland Supreme 2017 has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life, I have had so many opportunities with this system and it has definitely changed my life. To me, Supreme is not only an amazing system for girls but it’s a family, my sister queens are now like sisters to me and I wouldn’t have it any other way! Being a young girl in the pageant system I look up to so many people and I have definitely met some role models through the Supreme system.

Rachel Loftus- Teen Supreme: Since being crowned Teen Scotland Supreme 2017, I've had the best year ever! I've travelled over 5000miles attending appearances and got to spend so much time with my sister queens. We have such a great bond and genuine friendships. My advice to the girls competing this year would be to be humble, smile and just enjoy every second of your journey!
Pamela Gray- Miss Scotland Supreme: Being Miss Scotland supreme 2017 has opened up so many opportunities for me and I have loved all of them! My favorite part has been all the different adventures me and my sister queens have been on travelling all over the UK! Supreme has become more than just a Pageant for me it has really bonded all the girls and became a family! For those girls competing this year enjoy every moment on that stage and win or lose you are incredible for getting up there and helping raising funds for our incredible charity.

From the youngest to the oldest, it seems the Scotland Supreme finalists have massive heels to fill! From fundraising to pageant appearances, this is what your potential new queens have been up to:
Ellis Blaney- Teen Finalist

 "For the last three years I have been actively fundraising for our chosen charity The Brightest Star foundation. I decided to apply for ambassador role for miss Scotland supreme for the first time last year. Since I took on the role I have been fundraising by doing various bag packing, sponsor walks and I’m currently organising a charity psychic night. Winning teen Scotland supreme would be amazing I would set my goal to be supportive and inspiring to any other girls who thought they couldn’t do it lacked confidence and self-belief like me a year ago"
Sian Mary Hughes Miss Finalist

"This will only be my 4th pageant but I've definitely got the pageant bug! I love meeting new people and having the opportunity to speak about important issues and representing women of all shapes, sizes, backgrounds and ethnicities. Being plus size, it is very empowering taking part in pageant systems that recognise that beauty is not a size and Supreme Pageants and Events completely supports that. I have been extremely lucky so far to meet some amazing women who have inspired me tenfold. Volunteering is something I am passionate about regardless of pageants, however taking part in a pageant gives the charities and causes another platform to gain more support. I'm looking forward to doing more volunteering and raising awareness for our pageants charity, Brightest Star, a charity that supports bereaved families"

Daisy Mclung- Little Miss Finalist
"Daisy was very shy and quite, both her brother and sister are both on the autistic spectrum. Daisy’s health professionals had concerns that Daisy had some social issues and delays so she was being watched. I started Daisy in pageants to help her with these issues just after her 5th birthday. Daisy joined Scotland Supreme, she had met some of the contestants at a Charity pageant and instantly bonded.
Daisy was very shy at the final but had an amazing time and she loves seeing her 4 friends crowned. Due to her relationship with all the finalist and how good a director Amy is we decided that Daisy would come back for a second year. If she won the title this year she would continue with her appearances and would love to help with crowning and take a more active role within these events, as she has seen what title holders can get the opportunity to do. She came 3rd and 4th in Scottish pageant awards in 2017 and also came top 3 in a category within the natural sparkle awards 2017. For being so new to Pageants this was an amazing achievement.
Daisy has autoimmune issues and at times can be very unwell and has had several hospital admissions over the last year. She does not let her Health get in the way. She has been known to give impromptu pageant advice and demonstrations in the children’s ward"
Leah Wright- Miss Finalist
"My name is Leah I am 45 years old and competing in the miss category of Scotland supreme. I am currently a senior events ambassador for supreme events which means I have been working hard to promote the system and the charity for the last year attending appearances and having charity events. I have competed before last year where I came 1st runner up in my first ever pageant"
Emily Wright- Junior Finalist
"My name is Emily, I am 10 years old and competing in the junior section of Scotland supreme. I love competing in pageants as it has given me more confidence and self-esteem. I have met lots of new friends and made money for our chosen charity brightest star. I have competed before and am looking forward to the finals. I have been doing appearances and charity events alongside my mum and can’t wait to continue this journey"

We can’t wait to see who the new queens will be, from us at Sparkles and Rhinestones we wish you all the best, enjoy that time on stage and cherish every minute because all those months of planning will be over just like that! For more information on the Supreme Pageants, find them on Facebook!

Comments