Young European Miss International: Aspire to Inspire

Voted "Best Upcoming Pageant" at the Natural Sparkle Awards in 2017, Young European Internationals (or YEMI) is in it's third year, with the winners of the pageant getting to go on a trip of a lifetime to Texas, USA where they are given the chance to compete at the YAMI finals. The pageant is all about inspiring others, through being positive role models and making a difference with the title. No crown is left on the shelf for too long!! Sparkles and Rhinestones takes a look at the current YEMI queens and how this motto inspires them to be the best queens they can be.

Jeyanne Wiltshire- YEMI Director 

"Since competing my self and getting to know the wonderful international director Sabrina. I knew I had to bring this amazing system to the UK.
Pageantry should be about sisterhood and all pageant girls coming together as one to help and support each other. Young American Miss International portrays everything good about pageantry. Their commitment for community work and the way anyone is made welcome to the system is admirable and I knew that the UK needed something like that. Whether they’re queens or regional title holders, I want Young European International to be a place that girls can come to compete or watch and feel safe and confident in their own skin.
Mixing with other titleholders and experiencing the true meaning of pageantry. That’s why between rounds we bring all title holders from the audience up to the stage to showcase their title. We want them to get out their comfort zone, meet each other and get a chance to get up on the stage because let’s face it. What pageant girl doesn’t sit in the audience and wish they were on the stage?! This is instilled in everything we do with YEMI.
We look for queens who are kind, courteous and admirable. I have been so lucky to have such amazing queens who are accepting of every person. They’re amazing role models and are the definition of our motto ‘Aspire to Inspire’. we wanted all our contestants and queens to do exactly that. We wanted them to WANT to inspire people. We wanted our system to inspire people and that’s why it’s our motto. We aspire to inspire any person that we cross paths with and we want our queens and contestants and supporters to have the same aspiration"

Mia- Young European International Junior Miss 

"In my year as the first ever Junior Miss I want to use my crown to help charities that mean a lot to me and make other girls like me realise that being a queen is so much fun! I look up to my directors and my sister queens as role models as they are all awesome and have achieved so much! I support a variety of charities but one very close to my heart is the Ellenor Charity which is based in my hometown, which is a charity which helps terminally ill patients and their families in the difficult times and helped my family personally. I have also done a lot of food bank donations, sent books off for other children for the Q4 charity and attended lots of events with my sister queens!"

Macie- Young European International Teen 

"Being a Yemi queen feels absolutely amazing and to be quite honest I’m sill on cloud nine. The fact America is only so many weeks away and I’m nearly all prepared is so surprising. I’ve surprised my self! Being given so many opportunities to use my title as a platform and make a difference has had an amazing effect on me, one in which I never thought I’d experience.
The importance of being a YEMI Queen is quite a phenomenal feeling, along with the experience. 'Aspire to inspire', is the perfect motto for the system as I feel it allows everyone and anyone to feel Confident and proud of who they choose to be. I feel it allows me to dream high and achieve bigger. Being a role model to all the younger children within the pageant community has always been an aspiration of mine, to help them reach their goals in life, though having fun and lots of courage. Showing them that giving up isn’t an option, to always work hard for what you want in life"

Alanta- Young European International Miss 

"Having represented West Yorkshire in the YEMI finals for the past two years, I can honestly say how much community work has become a part of my life and even a unshakeable habit.
I have made over 50 appearances in my local area from charity stalls to attending pageants and it has been a blast. It has opened my eyes to how much I owe my community, they have published me in my local news paper over four times and even crowned me 2017 61st annual Charity Gala Queen after seeing me getting about in local area and attending the 60th Gala as one of my appearances before taking the title.
I continue to work hard both in my local and pageant community whether it be helping out fellow queens with their appeals or collecting food and clothing for my own. Now I am your Young European International Miss, I will and am using my title the same way I have been doing so for the past 18 months of my YEMI Journey".

Hannah- Young European International Ms

"Competing in YEMI for me was breaking the pageant stereotype and showing others you can compete. I was 5 months pregnant when I won, I am also a plus size pageant queen and not the tallest either! YEMI is a pageant where it is not just based on looks, but the overall package. From supporting different charities, helping out in the community and also empowering other pageants queens, I believe this is what got me the European crown and I can not wait to compete in America!
The motto Aspire to Inspire ties completely with why I compete in pageants. I wanted to get more involved in charity work and believed pageants gave me that platform.
From working in a gym all day, this gives me a chance to get out of the gym leggings and trainers and into my gowns and crown, doing something different and meaningful each week. I champion Mental Health which is what I believe helps other girls in my position who have been through my life experiences, that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
As well as talk about Mental Health, I am also a Patron to The Beni Bear Club, a Swindon children's charity and also a Project Code Red Ambassador which helps homeless woman, as well as be a #FAB ambassador and even have a little time to be the only female PT at my gym!
I'm not wishing my year away but I know this year's finals I will be surrounded by people I love (I have already roped two of the Wiltshire girls to compete), with my little girl and my extended pageant family that is YEMI"

Dawn- Young European International Mrs

"I'm so thrilled to be your Young European International Mrs and still haven't come down off my cloud since winning my title.
This is the first international pageant I have won in the 3 1/2 years of competing in pageants and I cannot wait to represent the U.K. & Europe in Texas this year. I will be using my platform as YEMI Mrs to promote and fundraise for my two chosen charities - SAAS (Staffordshire Adult Autistic Society) & Climb UK as well as promoting body confidence for all women, Teens and young girls, regardless of what size they are".

Sara- Young European International Queen of Queens

"As Young European International Queen of Queens I want to help charities and to get involved in as many events as I can. This is my second year of competing for the international title of YAMI, last year I was first runner up in my age and was selecting again by Jeyanne as this years Queen of Queens.
I have been getting involved with and raising awareness for many charities from local ones in my community such as the Noah's Ark and SCIPS charities, which help raise money for babies who have been prematurely and that are critically ill, to international charities.
I aspire to inspire others to feel confident to get involved in something that is important to them and to help to make a difference".


A true beauty queen should be inspiring, and want to help others in pageantry and all other aspects of life. The YEMI queens make it their mission to carry on this motto whilst wearing those amazing crowns! If you would like more information on the pageant then find the page on Facebook!!

@yemipageants

Good luck to all the queens in America, bring home those international crowns! 













Comments