Queens of the Galaxy- Miss Galaxy UK Queens


It seems like it was just yesterday that 5 new queens had been crowned the new Galaxy queens (6 counting the new Miss Galaxy Europe), but the finals were actually in March! Galaxy has had a little change, uniting the England, Scotland and Wales titles back to UK (like they were before 2011) as well as the internationals are later in August (meaning pageant girls we don't have to stay up to watch the finals after watching MUGB!) so plenty of time to prepare!

Last year Team UK brought home THREE international crowns, May the Junior Miss, Joanne the Miss Winner (with Kesley placing 1st runner up, meaning she has a second chance to come back!) and lastly Beth as the Ms winner (fun fact Beth was the last Miss Galaxy UK before it was split into countries!) We talked to the brand new queens about their pageant journey, and how they are planning Galaxy domination! 



Farryn- Junior Miss Galaxy UK

Hi Farryn and mum Kerry! Well done on winning as well as being the first Scottish Junior Miss (as far as I know!). How did you prepare?

Farryn only gave herself 5 weeks to prepare, she has decided to stop pageantry as she wanted to dedicate herself to her schoolwork as she had just started high school. One Sunday she came up to me and asked if she could compete in Galaxy, "I know if I stopped and never competed again, I'd regret never standing on the Galaxy stage". That was that! We prepped for interview and practicing walking, as well as asking former queens for advice.

Amazing work! What was the best part about the finals?

The best part was her hearing her name as the winner, she had been dreaming of that moment for so long! The whole day was so well organised and so fun! "I loved
meeting up with some old friends, as well as meeting new ones!"

The best part about pageantry is friendship! How are your preparations for internationals going? 

Prep is well underway and going well, she has been doing interview prep as well as speech work to slow down her Scottish accent, so its more understandable. As well as walks, she has been chatting to dress designers, preparing her appearance folder and wearing the crown any chance she can!

Lastly, what advice do you have for the next junior miss finalists?

Be you, don't be anything you're not, as that's not the best version of you.


Ruby-Miss Teen Galaxy UK

Hi Ruby, tell us a little more about your new title and how you prepared for it?

I am the current Miss Teen Galaxy UK and will be competing for the International title in August. I had previously competed for the title of Junior Miss Galaxy back when I was 12 so I had some experience, but I still done my research, as you should when entering any system! I watched so many videos of the previous years of Galaxy UK and the internationals so I could practice my walks and poses, especially swimwear as this was a new round for me.

Well it paid off, because you were fierce on stage! Tell us what the best part of the finals was for you?

I genuinely had so much fun, from the minute I received my finalist sash,to the finals themselves. During rehearsals I laughed the whole time, on the video you can see that I'm always laughing with different queens! I was so nervous during results and crowning, and was so shocked when they called my name as the winner! 

Your prep worked for nationals, how are you preparing for internationals?

Planning is going well, I am working very hard on appearances and attending lots of events in my community, as well as events in the pageant community. I believe in being the best ambassador for Galaxy UK that I can possibly be! I am making sure that I am eating healthily and exercising, I recently started running after taking part in a 5k for Claire House Charity. 

Speaking of charity, do you have a platform or charity you support?

I have a couple of local charity platforms that I support, being the Ronald MacDonald House at Alder Hey Children's Hospital which provide parents with a place to stay when their children are in hospital for long periods of time and provides support/ Also I support the Halton Haven Hospice in Runcorn, providing end of life care. As well as these two charities, I also feel strongly about promoting realistic body image in the media.

Lastly, any advice for the future Teen contestants?

Work hard, be yourself and love every minute of the experience

You can follow Ruby on instagram @teengalaxyuk.2019

Emma- Miss Galaxy UK 

Welcome Emma! Now you are no stranger to Holly's pageants, having been a past Miss Teen GB winner as well as placing last year. Tell us how you prepared for a winning year?

I prepared for the finals by focusing on being authentically me. In any pageant prep I strongly believe that is is important to remain true to yourself and feel confident in your own skin. I worked to raise money for The Christie and did appearances whenever I could, but had to balance this with my university schedule. having competed the year before and placing second runner up, I also analysed my previous performance, in order to improve this year!

That is such a good pageant tip, one of the best ways to improve, even if you got the crown! Tell us the best part about the finals?

The best part about the finals, without a doubt, was being with all of the other contestants through out the day, Pageantry has given me the opportunity to meet so many amazing and inspirational people across the UK, that I would have never have met otherwise.


You really meet so many different girls! How is international planning going?


Planning has taken a back seat unfortunately right now, as I am finishing my second year of university. When I do have some free time, I have been starting to think about my wardrobe, and I have been squeezing in appearances when I can! This will all change after June, where my full focus will be the Galaxy Internationals Finals and I can't wait!  

Do you have a platform in pageantry, and if so, tell us more!


My Platform is promoting self confidence and self love as I believe we should all feel positive about ourselves. We live in a digital era where social media affects the way we go about our lives and as a result we are constantly being shown airbrushed and filtered images that make us feel inadequate. Additionally, a large majority of pageant girls, myself included, have unfortunately been subjected to bullying at some point in their life. Instead of the negatives, I want to draw attention to ways in which we can learn to love, and feel more confident in, ourselves. 


Finally, any last words of encouragement to the next Galaxy finalists?

be yourself- your strength is that no one else is you! remain focused, and know the sytem. Do your research to know what the values are and what is expected of you as a finalist and at the finals themselves, to ensure you are prepared! 

Rebecca- Ms Galaxy UK

Welcome back to Sparkles! We interviewed you and Kayleigh back in December and now you are both Galaxy queens! Tell us more about the journey to the finals?

Of course as most of you know, Galaxy was my very first pageant, and to be crowned on International Women's Day was the icing on top! Preparation was very important to me as I was new to pageants so wanted to get everything right! I can begin by saying that it's the most enjoyable part of the pageant journey, as it's everything from jewelry to match you outfits, outfits for each round, shoes, hair and make up to sorting out that presentation folder.

 During the preparation stages, appearances were important to me, as you get ot experience so many different things, from charity work, volunteering, balls, challenges and of course you get to speak about your title and what you are preparing for.


It just shows you don't have to have pageant experience, just the drive and passion! Tell us what you enjoyed about the finals?

The best part was EVERYTHING! It's jam packed with fun from start to finish! The most memorable moment for me was finally meeting all of the other contestants and making so many friends. Meeting the other queens from around the world, capturing moments that I couldn't have ever dreamed of! 


And soon you will be travelling to Orlando to see them again! How is international prep going?

Planning is going amazing! I am so busy, I haven't had a moment to sit down and let it all sink in that I am a  Galaxy Queen! I feel so honored to wear the crown and sash, and represent the UK. I am currently working with the lady who made my fashion-wear, Tina, to design a gown to take to Orlando, which is super exciting! You will have to follow my social media to find out more! (@msgalaxyuk)

Super exciting! Tell us, do you have a platform in pageantry?

My platform is homelessness and poverty, in particular focusing on making a difference in my home town. In 2018 I slept rough with 20 other business people who among us, raised £20,000 which was split between 4 charities helping this issue. I gave up my Christmas Day to feed the less fortunate in a local coffee shop and I pledged this year to work closely with 3 charities all helping homeless people and the less fortune. I have lots of events planned with these charities and I plan on organizing my own event.

Such important work! Finally, advice for the new generation of ms queens?

My advice for anyone wanting to join pageantry would be - DO IT ! My director will back me up here when I say that this time last year I knew nothing about pageants. I was involved in a catwalk show where two galaxy girls were appearing, I asked lots of questions and suddenly realized, WOW I want to be part of that.

Another piece of advice I would give to you all would be “be yourself” never ever change, you're all absolutely beautiful and you are all totally amazing, you should never want to be anyone or anything else other thank YOURSELF!

Kayleigh- Mrs Galaxy UK

You finally done it! The one and only Mrs Galaxy UK 2019! How did you prepare for this epic journey?

So .... When Kevin asked me this question(what would I do to be Mrs Galaxy) at Teen GB I joked and said I have donated my left kidney! For me this journey was about self discovery and I wanted to achieve personal goals that I know Galaxy has pushed me to achieve! Galaxy motivated me to tick so many things off my bucket list and I felt amazing doing it!

I could write huge amounts about what I did to prepare such as 80 appearances, volunteering in a baby orphanage, helping the homeless , raising £818 for the Christie charity but I can tell you one thing that was the most important to me was mental preparation:I prepared myself in ways I never thought I could! Particularly around my weight and body confidence . Never in my life have I accepted my self for me, and I have always had thoughts like ‘she wouldn’t like me because I am over weight’ or ‘pageant girls won’t be my friend because I look bigger’.... I am 27 and still struggled with that until this year! Learning to just be me has empowered me to shout loud and proud about who I am!

Tell us the best part about the finals?

I can’t lie, my absolute best part was NOT hearing my name because this meant I was your new Mrs Galaxy UK 2019/20 .
I hugged poor Natalie to death! And I did not want to let go of her I was in so much shock and just wanted to cry with happiness ...
I finally got the moment I worked so hard for . As much as I dreamed about representing galaxy l, the moment was so overwhelming.

When I look back at the photos what I saw was an incredible friendship . Girls were so happy for me and I realized that actually I had created so many friendships and amazing memories that I will share will my children (when that happens) .

As were many people back home watching on the live stream! Are you prepared for internationals? 

Well ! I am ready to go! Get me on that plane! Other than continuing my platform and organizing loads of events! I am as prepared as I want to be because all I want to be is ME! My outfits are sorted, my hair and makeup are by the one and only glam squad.
I have my amazing pageant family and my loved ones coming! What more could I ask for!

Fantastic! As most pageant girls have a platform, tell us more about yours?

 I may have already touched upon this, but I am a huge advocate for feeling confident in your own skin, but to also be fit and healthy. I am a dress size 16 and proud. I work hard at the gym (ask my PT!) I eat cake and I have a balanced healthy lifestyle.I work in mental health and come across body confidence and self esteem issues daily. I want the world to know that everyone is beautiful in their own way, they just have to find themselves, their quality’s and learn to love what they have.

We need a mixture of all body shapes in the media and wipe out stereotypes of how you ‘should look’ or what people feel society is ‘looking for’ and I really truly believe pageants are doing this! Pageants are ruling the world! My platform will be to target meant and woman or all ages outside of pageantry to empower them to be who they are! 

Finally any last advice for the Mrs finalists for next year? 

Why are you still thinking about entering ? GO GRAB IT GIRL! The only fear is not facing the fear! So just run at the dream and sparkle all over it ! No matter what your size or shape! Your colour or race! All the queens are completely different but perfect ! And so are you! beg you to message me for any support! I do think people would say I am approachable and honestly so down to Earth that I would happily support you with anything you need!


You can follow their journeys by simply searching their titles on Facebook and we wish all the luck for internationals in August!

Photos by Charlotte Clemie Photography, Stacey Clarke and  Brian Hayes Photography, as well as a couple of pageant girls phones! 

Comments