Queen Saturday- Sacha Jones

Queen Saturday brings us some Miss Universe glam in the form of award winning make up artist Sacha Jones, former Miss Birmingham GB 2018 and currently competing for the MUGB title where the finals will be held in Newport, Wales in July.

Sacha took some time out of her busy schedule from making people look fantastic (I’ve had my face done by her many times and it’s always perfect!) to tell us about her pageant story!

Thank you Sacha for talking to us! First of all, tell us about your current title and how you are preparing for nationals?

I’m a Miss Universe GB finalist and I have been preparing by working on my interview skills and practicing my catwalk. As well as all that I have been going to the gym 5 days a week and been a strict meal plan. As well as preparing for the stage, I have also been fundraising for Miss Universe GB's chosen charity which is A Sisterhood.

A Sisterhood is a UK based organisation that seeks to empower, support and protect women world wide, supporting a number of different charities to help this. I created The Universal Inspiration Awards to help raise funds, which takes place on the 22nd June in Dudley.

Amazing, such a great charity to fund-raise for! We are so excited for the Universal Inspiration Awards and can't wait to see the winners (fingers crossed for us as well!). What would you do if you won the title of MUGB? 

If I were to win Miss Universe GB I would go on to compete at the grand finals of Miss Universe, one of the Top International pageants of the world. There have been some amazing past winners of Miss Universe Great Britain and it would be a dream come true to become a queen alongside them!

I would use the title to raise awareness around the increasing rate of homeless women and the challenges they face daily, this is a part of my platform in pageantry and something I am very passionate about.

Speaking of your pageant platform, could you tell us a little more about what you do? 

My pageant platform is about empowering homeless females. As drop-ins centers are mainly male dominated, I created the Women’s Workshop that is a female orientated environment and a safe space for women to come get essentials and even beauty treatments.

We also have a motivational speaker that inspires the girls to get back into the working world and we offer support with that and clothes for interviews. I’ve created packs on how everyone can help and create their own women’s workshop, all they need is a space.

That's such an amazing achievement, for such a good cause! Everyone has a part of the competition that the love, can you tell us your favorite round at a pageant?

Usually fashion but as Miss Universe GB does not have fashion round it would be evening. Evening is like the big finale and I love seeing all the elegance and sparkle, however I am looking forward to showcasing all my hard work in the gym during the swimwear round.

We can't wait to see that on stage! If you could pinpoint any moment in pageantry that is your best moment, what would that be? 

My best moment in pageantry would have to be winning Miss Birmingham in 2018. all because not only did all my hard work pay off, but my dad running to the stage,practically lifting me off when my name was called out as the winner!

I think making your family proud is absolutely unbeatable, and I can't wait to make them proud on the Miss Universe GB stage this July!


Finally, what advice could you give to other pageant girls looking to compete?

Know and understand why you really want to win your pageant. “I want to raise lots of money for charity” is not an answer. What do you deeply care about? What would you want your legacy to be? Really work and think about that and ultimately projecting that will win you the crown more than your catwalk.

Thank you Sacha for talking to us and a massive good luck at the MUGB finals! You can watch the class of 2019 MUGB contestants compete on the 13th July at the Riverfront, Newport. Tickets are on sale now!

https://tickets.newportlive.co.uk/en-GB/events/miss%20universe%20gb%202019%20(doors%20open%20at%207pm)/2019-7-13_19.30/the%20riverfront

If you would like to follow Sacha's journey you can follow her on Instagram @sacharjones

Comments