Queen Saturday- Miss Edinburgh International

Queen Saturday has Kerys, who is competing in the upcoming power pageant this June. The power pageant consists of Miss Grand Wales, Scotland and England, as well as Miss International UK and the new title of Miss Pageant Girl UK.

Kerys is no stranger to the pageant world, competing and placing in commotions such as Miss Teen Galaxy UK, Miss Teen GB as well as travelling to internationals with FOTG. We spoke with Kerys to tell us her story!

Thank you for speaking with Sparkles and Rhinestones, tell us your current title?

My current title is Miss Edinburgh International and I’m currently competing in the UKPP.
In order to prepare for the pageant I have made appearances in both Scotland and England and have raised £200 for the Christie cancer charity.

Amazing work! It’s very important to try and attend appearances in the area you represent!
Tell us what you would do if you won the title?

In my year I intend to carrying on attending events especially charity based. I hope to continue campaigning for the Aplastic Anaemia trust and positively use my title to help encourage people that are eligible to sign the Donor register and save lives.

Can you tell us whether you have a platform in pageantry, or a charity you support?

My platform is raising awareness and funds for the Aplastic Anaemia trust and I have done this since 2015 when I held a Santa’s grotto as my first fundraiser for them. More recently, I have began campaigning for DKMS new launch into Scotland. They hold donor drives so that people can be tested to see if they are able to sign the donor register and potentially save somebody’s life by donating bone marrow.

What is your favourite part of pageantry?

My favourite round at a pageant is the interview. This is time where the judges can get to know you and the journey you have been on, your time to shine.

We love the interview too! Tell us one of your best moments throughout your pageant career?

My best moment in pageantry to date was just recently when I attended the Uk galaxy pageants and “the fruit bowl” was reunited after two years and it was literally like the night we all placed all over again!
I’ve never felt sisterhood like it, I couldn’t be happier with the extended family that pageantry has given me.

Lastly, any advice for future pageant contestants?

Any advice I could give would just to always remember who you are be proud of it love it always have fun. Always embrace every second when your competing/reigning because there is no better feeling and it’s over so quickly!


Thank you for speaking with us, and if you would like to follow Kerys journey, you can find her on Instagram @ kerys_georgiax

Comments