Queen Saturday-Miss Teen GB

Today's Queen Saturday is all about the Bristolian Imogen Chapman, who won Miss Teen Great Britain back in October, on her third attempt! We talked to Imogen all about crowns, future plans and her amazing work with the homeless!  


Firstly congrats on your new title! Tell me a little bit more about the title and your journey to win!

Thank you! Miss Teen Great Britain means so much to me, I've worked so hard over three years to win my dream title! I made sure I focused on my fundraising and interview prep for the final. In my first year I placed in the top 16, which is what made me catch the ‘pageant bug’ and I knew I was going to head straight back the year after. My second year I placed 2nd runner up and was so proud of myself.. I actually re entered on my way home from Blackpool the day after the finals because I was so excited to start working again! Of course I was disappointed last year when I didn’t win the crown, however once I was home I knew it wasn’t my time. This year was the most confident I had ever felt, and was so positive throughout the whole competition. I was over the moon to take home the crown, and so proud of how hard I had worked. 


What have you been doing to fundraise for the chosen charity and do you have any events planned in the upcoming year?

In June I held my charity ball in Bristol, I’m holding my next one in April 2019. I can’t wait! Last year the ball raised over £1,600 for Together for Short Lives, as well as my personal chosen charity BOSH. My next ball will be raising money for the same charities. Over the past three years I have also completed two abseils, and two coffee mornings. I love fundraising as it is such an important part in being a titleholder, and throughout my year as Miss Teen Bristol GB I made sure I attended various charitable events supporting others, as well as organising my own events!


I know you do a lot of work for the homeless, tell us more about that role and how we can help in our local areas? 

Yes I do! My platform is all about Helping the Homeless, as well as raising awareness of the issues and impacts of homelessness in our community. I always suggest to people to try and get involved with local outreach groups, and helping to support them as much as possible. Many are self funded, so any support you can give them will help massively. I’m always posting items that we are in need of on my personal Facebook, and most other outreach services will be looking for similar items. I organised a campaign before MTGB called Street Books. This has gone down amazingly with out street friends, and they’re loving having the option of the books! 


Finally,what advice could you give to girls who are looking to compete, or have placed
before and thinking of giving up? 

It's no secret how disheartening it can be to place first runner up and miss out, and it was my third attempt to win the title that I had been trying to achieve all that time, but I kept going and the hard work paid off! My final piece of advice would be to NEVER give up, and always push for your dreams. Always be you, as there is nobody better!

Thank you Imogen and a massive good luck for the rest of your year as Miss Teen GB! If you would like to be interviewed then drop us a message and share your pageant story with Sparkles and Rhinestones!





Comments