Queen Saturday: Mystical and Beautiful- The Miss Mystic Beauty finalists



October brings shorter days, pumpkin spiced lattes and Halloween treats for all, but it is also the final of Miss Mystic Beauty. In it's second year, there will be two winners, Miss and for the first time, a teen winner! Miss Mystic Beauty was created by Jasmine Pratt, who having competed in pageants and having two beautiful babies, decided to create her own! We've talked to Jasmine and some of the contestants vying for that pink crown! 

Jasmine- Director

"I wanted to provide a platform to help women self develop to become the best possible versions of themselves. No matter their background, their struggles, their walk of life. We do not judge. If you, like me, want to be stronger within your self, then perhaps you can find your place within the pageant community which is where Miss Mystic Beauty can be the foundation of support you may need through your personal self development. We bring together diverse life experiences to help best guide each contestant to their end goal and help bring that person they are inside to the surface. We want to amplify those positive voices in your life, to help you hear and see what truly is already there. Your unique and individual beauty".

Kelly- Finalist

How have you been preparing for the pageant so far?

This is my first ever pageant, so every thing is really new to me. I’m currently putting my eco outfit together, which was originally a small idea which I’ve developed as I’ve gone along, and so far I’m loving what I’ve created I just hope the judges love it .
I've been juggling appearances with selecting outfits for the different rounds. I’m picking and have been choosing charities that are close to my heart, which took some investigating!.

What would you do if you were to be crowned the winner?

If I were to win the title, I most definitely will be attending far more appearances, especially for charities and in particular a local hospice called St Richards Hospice. I tragically lost a long term partner, and my young mum of 51 due to a brain tumour, it was sudden and very fast, whilst watching her pass away at home, the hospice were exceptionally supportive of myself and sisters when dealing with family members who weren’t in our lives or our mothers for over 30 years but wanted to dictate mums last wishes .

I’d also like to form a support group for grieving individuals were they can just come and chat about their losses, with cake and tea/coffee. Feeling  lonely when grieving is very common .

What is your platform or charity that you are fundraising for? 

The selected charity I’m fundraising for is a local charity called “people in motion “. A charity who provides clothing for refugees . I wanted to find a little  more out about them, so I have been to help them sort through the clothing, and to date this  has been my most favourite appearance, I felt like I was actively making a difference, and the other volunteers were so lovely to be around, I’m looking forward volunteering for them again soon .

Latasha- Finalist

How have you been preparing for the pageant so far?

I have been preparing for the pageant by making my family and friends act as a panel of "judges" and ask me pageant questions, which is helping me in interview. I have also been continuously practising my walk and poses, however for me,pageant prep is more about the mental preparation. I like to make sure I know myself better each day and therefore growing my confidence in preparation for all rounds of the competition.

What would you do if you were to be crowned the winner?

If I won, I would not only use the title to raise awareness about mental health but also to educate people on how they can help their loved ones who are dealing with a mental health issue. Along with this, I would also use the title to as a motivational tool to show people that no matter what the nay sayers say , if they truly believe in themselves they can achieve any dream they want to.

What is your platform or charity that you are fundraising for? 
Although I haven't raised loads of money thus far in my pageant career ,  the charities I am raising money for is Rape Crisis and Beat which is a charity that help people who are suffering with eating disorders. I am currently planning a girls pampering night to raise money for Beat to remind girls to take care of themselves. My platform is mental heath awareness / suicide prevention and working towards helping sexual assault  victims.

Danielle- Finalist

How have you been preparing for the pageant so far?

. I have spent a lot of time in charity shops searching for my outfits. Spending a lot of time on my fundraising (£320 raised so far target of £500). A lot of my appearances this year have been online due to having a stint with depression and not being able to face social situations. I am just about to start doing a bit of interview prep however I don't like to plan this too much as I like to speak from the heart. When I have made appearances I have brought my little girl along, showing that life doesn't end just because you have a child, and she is being shown the amazing work you can do as a pageant queen.

What would you do if you were to be crowned the winner?
 I would use it as a platform to share my story and I am looking to start confidence coaching and workshops. I grew up bullied for the way I looked as I suffered with severe acne and I want everyone especially women to know that they are enough and can achieve anything .

What is your platform or charity that you are fundraising for?

 I am raising money for the Samaritans, we had the choice of people in motion or Samaritans this year and I raised almost £400 for people in motion last year. With my mental health tormenting me this year it was a charity I felt strongly about supporting.

Clarissa-Jane- Finalist

How have you been preparing for the pageant so far?

. I actually dropped out due to mental health reasons in July but rejoined in September because I was a lot better mentally. So it’s been a massive rush to get everything together but I’ve managed it! I have everything I need for the rounds and did it in under two weeks I was that determined!
I’ve done an online appearance for autism awareness,  helped a local LGBT clothing brand by modelling their clothes for them to post on social media and their website!  I am currently collecting bras for the charity people in motion ,which is our pageant's chosen charity, and hoping to collect at least 50 bras for them! I’ve also done an online campaign for the #metoo movement because I think sexual harassment and sexual assault isn’t taken seriously enough, and want to help those who are too scared to come forward and at least let them know they are not alone

What would you do if you were to be crowned the winner?

 I would like to do something within the body positivity community if I won as I have battled eating disorders in the past and want to show everyone you do not need to be a certain size to be worthy of self love and happiness.


What is your platform or charity that you are fundraising for?
3. My platform is mental health and autism awareness. As someone who has Asperger's (a form of autism) and someone who has been diagnosed with anxiety and depression since I was a child I feel like there still isn’t enough awareness being spread throughout our community and I really want to change that. I want the bullying and judgements to stop and people to be more accepting and understanding.




We wish all the best for all the finalists and can't wait to see who is crowned the next winners! Enjoy the stage ladies! 

Comments