Too Divine for the Crown! Meet the Divine Queens




This Saturday is the second Miss Divine finals, held in Newport where these 5 amazing queens will hand over their crowns to the new winners! Miss Divine was created by ex beauty queens Leah Maxine , as well as her pageant mumma who altogether have a huge amount of pageant experience, to be able to create an amazing system like Divine. We have talked to a couple of the current queens, as well as the divine women hoping to wear those crowns Saturday Night!!


Megan Goldberger- Miss Divine 2017

"Where do I start?! Being the very first Miss Divine UK has been nothing short of amazing. I still feel so blessed to be able to say that I am your Miss Divine UK! The opportunities have been endless and it couldn’t have happened without our incredible team of directors. I’ve been able to do so many things I wouldn’t have been able to do without my crown. I’ve appeared on TV, featured in the radio and had so many photo shoots!

This year has changed my life and shaped me into a completely different woman. My confidence has grown and it’s truly helped me realise my worth as a woman in this world. To the next woman who is lucky enough to be blessed with the new crown, take it and run with it! You’ve won because you’re worth it so never think you’re not good enough to wear that crown with pride. Love always Miss Divine UK 2017"

Emily Thomas- Miss Teen Divine


"I've really enjoyed my year as Miss Teen Divine UK, although I’ve had some up and some downs through my region, but by placing my crown on top of my head it always reminds me how hard I have worked and that I should smile and be proud of what I have achieved. My favourite part of being Miss Teen Divine I have to admit is attending appearance and meeting new people, which was something I was always afraid to do before winning my title. My confidence has grown so much!!

I’ve always wanted to compete in a pageants ever since I was a little girl but I always struggled finding the right one that I believed had purpose. One day my twin sister told me about miss Divine and the amazing platform of strong body confident theme, I immediately applied and was so happy I won!  To all the finalist I just want you to all know the pageant isn’t just about winning the crown, it’s about being more comfortable and confident and finding yourself, if you do that by the 15th September you are already a winner. Just shine be you and be happy in the skin god blessed you in"

Penny George- Miss Cardiff

"I am so excited to be competing as Miss Cardiff Divine, following in the footsteps of our current Miss winner Megan! In the leadup towards the finals I have been fundraising for Dreams and Wishes Charity, by holding online photo comps and holding my very own charity pageant alongside Young European International Teen Bridgend called Miss Sapphire Belle. My own personal platform focuses on bullying, having personally suffered in my childhood, however my mum always told me to follow my dreams! I also have Dyslexia which has made it difficult for me to achieve some of my dreams, however I am here to show you that no matter what your dreams are, you should always chase them and not let anyone get in your way or get you down! 


If i won the title Miss Divine UK it would  give me an amazing chance to use my current platform to go around to lots of different schools, youth clubs and kids clubs, o speak about my past and how being in the pageant world has changed not just my life, but gave me so much confidence over last few years and supporting so many charities!"


Tracey Anson- Mrs Coventry 

"In the last few months leading up to the finals, I have been raising awareness for hidden illnesses and rare diseases through online campaigns, as well as attending events and raising fund for the Miss Divine chosen charity Dreams and Wishes. As well as advocating for the LGBT community, I am also an UK Ambassador for the Tiaras of Hopes, as well as a pageant mentor.

For me winning the crown is not why I enter pageants, as pageants for me means community spirit, helping those in need and for me to grow as a person and believe in myself. The most important part is raising awareness for one of the conditions I suffer with which is Ehler Danlos, where there is 13 different types! I have been adapting my pageant wardrobe alongside my condition like making sure my outfits allow my feeding tube through, as well as showing that just because I am disabled, doesn't mean I am not the same as any other finalist on that stage! 


Paige- Miss Wiltshire 

Although I only became a Miss Divine finalist in Mid July, I've been trying to cram my weekends with plenty of community and charity work! My own platform focuses on "healthy body, healthy mind". Whilst battling personal demons in my own past, I have always found that channelling my emotions into fitness has helped! There was never a goal to be a certain dress size or weight, and there still isn't, it's about feeling good within yourself! I would like to see sports and gyms become more accessible to everyone, especially those with disabilities as they aren't always able to use the facilities. Because of this, my community work is fitness cased, including cycling for Hannah Golding' virtual bike ride to Texas and also raising money doing a local bag packing for Dreams and Wishes! 

If I won the Miss Divine UK title I would continue with my current platform and use the opportunity to raise further awareness. I'd also like to use the year to raise money for the Dorothy House, who offered incredible support to my grandparents years ago and helped my nan pass away peacefully. Winning Miss Divine UK  would mean the world to me, I'd like the chance to show young girls that having a typically ‘masculine body and working in a masculine environment does not mean you are not equally feminine and a woman who enjoys feminine things. Some people would say my job and pageants don't mix, but I'd like to prove them otherwise.


Tracey- Mrs Swansea

 I have lost a lot of confidence and self esteem in the past year, but I know that I am not the only one, and all the contestants will be there to support each other, which is one of the things I'm looking forward to. One thing I love about pageantry as a whole, is the unbreakable bonds that are created. I am a very creative person and direct my own non profitable, charitable organisation that supports mental health and hardship, but also reduces waste going into landfills - this is where I cant wait to get stuck into the National wear as they are asking for the wear to made from an Eco friendly design.

I'm so excited, I've not made many appearances as my sash has only just come, I'm very fortunate to have an amazing sponsor! My love in life is my two sons and husband which id die for, and my charity work - making a difference in society!

We wish all the girls the best of luck and can't wait to see them all in action on Saturday! Tickets are still available! 

Comments