Queen Saturday: Meet the queen behind Sparkles and Rhinestones


It's Queen Saturday, Sparkle and Rhinestones has been going for over a year now and although I am not quite as active as I was before having my little international queen, we are still inspired by the stories and queens we get nominated so I would like to share my pageant journey, since next week I will be in Texas competing!! 

How did you get into pageants and what is your current title?
I started competing 9 years ago, when there were only a couple of pageants you could enter. There were no facebook videos, coaching or tips, my first dress was from TK Max and cost me £19! I kept my hand on my hip the entire time like a tea pot and placed 2nd so I must of done something right! From then I got the pageant bug! I've travelled all over the UK, competed in Paris and now off to represent Europe in the International finals of Young American International Miss. I started competing in pageants to build up my confidence after coming out of a pretty bad relationship, he made me feel worthless and took all my self confidence that I was a recluse but one of my friends had just placed runner up and it seemed like a fun thing to try!! 

My current title is Young European International Ms, which I won back in November when I was 5 months pregnant! The internationals are NEXT WEEK all the way in Texas which I am very blessed to be able to represent Europe, to represent mothers in pageants and also represent those curvy girls!!!

What is your platform and how do you promote this as a titleholder?

My platform is Mental Health and Body Confidence. I always promote the fact that I am a survivor, of sexual child abuse, domestic abuse, suicide, bullying and fighting my mental health demons. I've overcome so much in my life so far, and I use my title to show others that there is light at the end of the tunnel, the is reasons to live and the world can be a beautiful place! My job as a personal trainer also promotes healthy body confidence, it doesn't matter if you are big or small, but feeling happy in your own skin is the most important part of accepting yourself.

As part of my titleholder year as Young European International Ms, I am challenging pageant girls everywhere and all over the globe to take part in my charity challenge in aid of the Laura Hyde Foundation, a foundation set up to honour the memory of Laura who sadly took her own life back in 2016. The foundation is to help promote mental health within the emergency services, to help others who give their lives to help us. The challenge is easy to do and you can do it from your own home, gym or the great outdoors!!  From now until the 10th October which is world mental health day, we want to bike as many miles as we can, we've targeted from Swindon to Texas!! The event is here: 

https://www.facebook.com/events/608455836200273/


What would you say to girls looking to follow in your footsteps?

Never think you aren't good enough!! You would be amazed as what the pageant stage can do for you! I've competed as a size 8, I've also competed at a Size 20 as well as being pregnant! Pageants have opened so many opportunities for myself, I've met so many diverse and different beauty queens who wear their crown with pride! I've got to undertake so many different charity challenges and help so many people! My advice would to be to enjoy every single moment on that stage, to believe in yourself and to make as many memoires as you can!! There is no typical pageant queen, anyone can wear a crown but it takes a true queen to put the crown to work.


If you would like to feature on the Sparkles and Rhinestones page and tell your pageant story, whether you are a regional, national or international queen then drop me a message as I love sharing the positive stories of pageantry!

Comments