Inspirations: The queens competing to be Miss Inspiration 2018




As March is drawing to a close, we look to April and one of the staple pageants in this month is Miss Inspiration, created by Lydia Pugh, past Miss Galaxy Wales winner and current Mrs World UK who placed in the top 12 of the Mrs World finals. Lydia started the pageant back in 2013, sharing her pageant knowledge and experience to create something unique where woman could be inspirations to others and the world. Now in it's 5th year, we spoke to some of the contestants competing to be crowned Miss Inspiration:
RenĂ©e Seaward- Teen South Wales Inspiration 
"Miss Inspiration has opened up a huge amount of opportunities for me within the last two years which I am extremely greatful for. I now have the confidence to speak out my opinion and to say what I truly believe in. Lydia Yhnell is truly one amazing women and I would never be able to thank her for everything she has done for me. Throughout the last two years I have met friends for life, girls that I wouldn’t of met if I didn’t apply for Miss Inspiration. I have met two of my best friends through pageantry and for that i will never be able to repay anyone.
Throughout the time I have been making appearances for the pageant I have been able to work with two amazing charities; Aim High 4 Aiyla and Melody In Mind. Both of these charities have grew extremely close to my heart. I have contributed to many local appearances which include Fashion Shows, Fundraising events and donating to local charity shops. It is a dream of mine to win the title of Miss Teen Inspiration UK, I believe I would use my title to the fullest I possibly could and arrange lots of appearances to help both local charities I have been working with.
I am overwhelmed to be competing for this title, however I do believe that competing in pageants isn’t just about winning the crown, it’s about building your self confidence and self esteem. It’s about having fun!"
Charlotte Tonks Mrs Kernow Inspiration. 
  "I chose to enter this system because I loved that it focuses on what makes each contestant unique through the 'Inspiration wear' round and high weighted interview. It celebrates contestants many personal achievements and recognises the contributions they make in their everyday life.

I've been working hard to raise money for charity while going on a personal journey to reduce waste and trying to bring about change in my community. I've been setting tasks each week to help me and anyone who is willing to achieve the final goal of a whole week where nothing is sent to landfill. 

It would give me the platform to make significant changes to reduce waste locally and who knows, maybe even nationally! When you're a normal resident, it is hard to get your voice heard and make connections. But if I won the title of Miss Inspirational Woman, I would use the crown to increase the reach of my waste reduction message."

Freya Jane Taylor – Miss East Dunbartonshire Inspiration 2018

 "I am so excited to finally be a finalist for Miss Inspiration 2018! I was drawn to Inspiration after hearing rave reviews from some of Lydia’s former Queens and knew that it was something I wanted to be part of. The fact that the system allows their Queens to have their own platforms and be their own type of Queen is something that I love as I feel that, given the opportunity, it would encourage me to go out into the world to pursue and get involved in campaigns that I feel strongly about.

Becoming the next Miss Inspiration would mean the world to me because I can honestly say that despite having only been confirmed in the competition for 2 weeks I already feel very at home. All the finalists that I’ve spoken to so far are so friendly, and promoting the system and the brand that Lydia has created would be an absolute pleasure. I’ve had a bit of a rough relationship with pageantry over the past year or so but, thanks to Inspiration, I’m quickly finding my love for it again.

As I have only just received my sash in the last few days, I’ve not managed to many appearances in yet but I have a few up my sleeve and have already confirmed my fundraiser for Inspiration’s chosen charity; Melody in Mind. It’s a Miss Congeniality themed Pub Quiz so I can’t wait! I’ve always said it would be my Mastermind Specilist Subject. I’ve also set up an Instagram dedicated to my Miss Inspiration journey which you can follow @missedinspiration"

Rachel Metcalfe- Mrs Somerset Inspiration 

"Inspiration to me is showing people who you are as a person, not being afraid to push yourself or fail, remaining positive and doing the small things to make a difference to people's lives.
In the lead up to the pageant I have been organising children's 'fun' days, coffee mornings, charity give away  and raising awareness as well as money for Melody in Mind by getting out and about in Somerset.
I am returning to Inspiration as it was the start of my pageant journey and it's a system I feel passionately about. It's so important to find a pageant that you share the ethos of and that you really embrace. It's tough to go back as a previous winner as the expectation is there, but I want to inspire others to continue and not to be afraid of continuing/returning due to the pressures of winning".
The inspiration finals will be held on the 14th April 2018, for more information visit www.missinspiration.co.uk


Comments