Queen Saturday- Charlotte Lister


Queen Saturday is bring you a queen from Yorkshire in the form of Charlotte Lister, who will be competing in the Ms Diamond finals this May! Charlotte is no stranger to pageants, so we were excited to see her don her heels and sash again! Take a read of her pageant journey, leading up to the Diamond Crown,

Hello Charlotte and welcome to Sparkles and Rhinestones! Tell us a bit more about what you have been up to with your title?

My current title is Ms Diamond South Yorkshire 2019-2020, then I’ll be competing for the title of Ms Diamond U.K. 2020 in May this year. I feel like I haven’t stopped in the run up to the final since I became a finalist in April 2019,and my first campaign for the pageant was collecting Easter Eggs to donate to my local Children’s Ward at Hospital. With the help of my work colleagues I managed to collect over 100 Easter eggs so they even had enough to give some to A&E for children that got admitted over the Easter Weekend. I even have completed a bungee jump for charity this year was even scarier than skydiving !! 

Since then I have made so many appearances I seem to have lost count ! I’ve attended a ball in aid of Mental Health, supported local charity’s including open days and I completed a 5k Bubble Run for Bluebell Hospice with my daughter and partner. Most recently I worked with Hallam Cash for Kids which is a charity I have supported for years for their Mission Christmas Campaign which helps make sure every child has a present to open on Christmas Day,again I ran this campaign at work and we got over 120 presents donated.

Lots of exciting events attended then! What would you do with the title if you were lucky enough to be crowned the new Ms Diamond UK 2020?

If I was lucky enough to win the title of Ms Diamond U.K. I would continue my work with local and nationwide charity days through awareness days and charity days as well as promote the diamond system as much as possible, as well as plan for Vegas!

Could you talk to us a bit more about the charities you are supporting in your year?

The two chosen charities for Ms Diamond are Samaritans and Well-being of Women. The one campaign that the diamond organisers started which is very close to my heart is Touch ya Tatas which is raising awareness of checking your breasts after Tina,one of the Directors,was diagnosed with Breast Cancer last year. This campaign touched me as I had a scare myself a couple of years ago and my Aunt also was diagnosed with Breast Cancer so I would like to continue my support of this campaign.  

It is always important to check your breasts girls and guys! How did you get into pageants?

I got into pageants many years ago, I was actually accepted into the Miss England pageant but then I found out you couldn’t be a mum,so after some research I found another system I entered my first pageant. I didn’t win but I won a couple of side awards and I met friends for life so I decided to compete again and I won! I went to the national final and I won a side award and decided to keep competing. I then won a place in a international final and got to compete in Paris since then I have competed in a few but I got it into my head that I was getting too old !! But now there are so many Ms systems I had to get my pageant shoes out again and Diamond was the perfect system for me.

I love how much diversity there is in UK pageantry now when all of us can compete! Finally, can you give some advice to anyone looking to enter the world of pageants?

Make sure you chose the right system for you. Some pageants are about the before work so charity and appearances as well as stage work some are just stage work. Some lead to internationals, some stay in the U.K,it’s all about your personal choice. Make sure you practice walking in your heels and formal dress so you know if it’s too long or short and how best to turn.If you doing your own make up and hair,practice !Finally, have a check list for everything you need so you don’t miss anything at the finals.  

Comments