Queen Saturday: Miss Teen GB Winner's

Queen Saturday brings you the three winners who were crowned at the Miss Teen Great Britain finals in Blackpool, run by Pageant Girl UK. These three queens were crowned in October and we got to talk to them all about their pageant journey and joining the famous Pageant Girl UK family. 

Little Miss- Yasmina

Welcome Yasmina! Can you tell us all about what you did in the lead up to the finals?


My title leading up to the finals was Little Miss Teen Twickenham which I was very proud to represent! I raised over £700 in aid for ‘Together For Short Lives’ which was an incredible amount through different fundraisers as well as attend events with my sash, and now I can attend with a crown!

How did it feel to be crowned Little Miss Teen GB?


When my name was called as the winner I genuinely can’t explain the feeling! It was all such a blur and I was so speechless! Considering it’s my first ever pageant I didn’t expect it, but I worked so hard and I’m so happy that I achieved my dream. The whole competition was by far the best weekend of my life and is going to be something that I can always look back on and smile.

That's amazing, your first ever pageant and first win! What are you going to do with the crown now for your year? 

 During my year I will be raising money for ‘Shooting Star Children’s Hospice’ and ‘Canine Partners’ I will be attending many events and spreading awareness for mental health as it is something very close to my heart and something that should always be out there.
Amazing charities and we can't wait to see what you get up to! What advice would you give for younger Teen's looking to compete and follow in your footsteps? 

My advice to future pageant girls is to not let anything stop them from achieving their dream. Whether your dream is the smallest thing in the world or the biggest, you can always achieve what you aspire to if you work hard and have ambition. Don’t compare yourself to other people and let any negativity come your way.

Keep your head held high and you will get there.

Junior Miss Teen- Ellie

Welcome to Sparkles and Rhinestones! Can you tell us about your journey to the crown?


 Leading up to the final I made just under 50 appearances across the UK, making sure my sash was seen everywhere! I also wanted to raise a good amount of money for the pageants chosen charity, which is Together For Short Lives which do some incredible work. I held events throughout my year and am so happy to say I raised over £10,000 which I am so proud of achieving! 

That's an amazing amount, and will be put to good use! How did it feel to have your name called as the winner ?

It honestly didn’t feel real! I cried all night still thinking it was a dream! The whole weekend was incredible however I think one of the highlights for me was the Pyjama Party. It was so lovely to get closer with the other contestants and have fun before the final began, and of course there was pizza which made it 10x better!

Us pageant girls love pizza! You raised an incredible amount for Together for Short Lives. Do you have another charity or platform that you promote as a pageant queen?

A charity that is really close to my heart is the hospice called Tŷ Govaith. This hospice is receives funding from Together For Short Lives which happens to be Miss Teen GB’s chosen charity! I managed to raise over £10000 through out my year as a finalist and I can’t wait to raise even more as a new queenie! 

That is perfect, as you know exactly where the funds are going! What are your plans for the rest of your titleholder year?

Being Miss Junior Teen Great Britain is a once in a lifetime opportunity so I want to make the most of it! I am organising a ball in aid of Tŷ Gobaith on May 23rd, I am also taking part in the annual New Years Day Dip to raise money for this incredible charity. I want to make as many appearances as possible during my reign, while also promoting my campaign ‘Be Confident Be You’. This campaign is all about making young girls feel confident in themselves and not be afraid to break out of the boxes that society sets. 

A very important message! Finally, what advice could you give to fellow Junior Teen girls who are looking to compete?

The only advice I can give you is be yourself and enjoy every second! If you are your yourself the judges will see that and fall in love will your true personality. It’s great to have a goal, but remember winning is a bonus! 

Don’t have tunnel vision and only think about the crown, if you enjoy and absorb every moment then you will walk away with more than just the title! 

Teen- Nancy

Welcome back Nancy! When we first interviewed you, you were still a finalist so massive congrats! Can you remind our readers what you had done in the lead up?


. Leading up to the finals I was able to really make an impact in my community due to the confidence that the miss teen gb organisation gave me teaching me to grasp every opportunity. To prepare for the final, I worked on really getting to know myself- my goals, hobbies and future aspirations, which leads onto my main form of preparation which is mindfulness. I do a lot of yoga and meditation to really get into a great headspace as when you really enjoy yourself I feel as though that radiates more.

How did it feel to have your name called, as last year you were a runner up so it must of felt amazing! 

Hearing my name called was singularly the most amazing moment of my life. You always imagine what that winning moment would feel like but for me all I felt was shock. I don’t think it ever feels real even now. I loved every single moment of the weekend but I can’t deny that was the most amazing moment of not just that weekend but my entire life. 

Such a great feeling! Now I know you have a platform so could you tell us a little more about it? 

So this year I have worked extremely hard on my platform ‘BEE HEARD’ were I hoped to raise awareness and lessen the stigma of mental health raising funds for young minds Uk. In a world where so many of us feel pressure to be perfect I want to use the platform that I have to reach out to as many girls as I can and teach them that real beauty comes from within. 

Therefore I developed my bee heard campaign into self love from bee to focus on HOW you can achieve that self love that is so important, as with that comes belief in yourself in the pageant world and the real world. 

It is very important and I think a lot of pageant girls share that message! Can you tell us your plans for the year now you finally have that crown?

I have so many amazing ideas and plans for my year from travelling abroad to holding charity Galas. I am so humbled for this opportunity and I will make it my mission to grasp everything this year brings. 

Lastly, any advice for Teen's reading who would like to compete?

So my advice to any girls thinking about entering a pageant... Don’t think just do it! You will have the most insane experience of your life, making lifelong friendships. But the most amazing aspect is becoming your best self, watching your confidence grow and seeing all the opportunities that follow with self belief! So my advice, find a system that you share the same values as, then enter and watch your life change.


Photos by Brain Hayes Photography 

Comments