Queen Saturday: Natural Beauty International

Queen Saturday is here again and this week we have been talking to the very first winners of the Natural Beauty International Pageant! These girls won their titles back in May in Sunny Spain, and have been out and about wearing out those crowns! Natural Beauty is ran by fellow pageant girl Rebecca Cunningham alongside her husband and her team, creating a friendly family atmosphere as well as the joys of internationals here in Europe! We spoke to the current queens about their pageant journeys, what it was like winning and what they plan to do as international queens!


Sara- Junior Miss International and Ultimate Natural Beauty Charity International

Welcome Sara! Can you tell us a bit more about your title and how you prepared for it?

I'm one of the lucky ones, I actually have two international titles- junior natural beauty international and ultimate natural beauty charity!

I had 11 months to prepare for the finals but enjoyed every second! I travelled thousands of miles all around the Uk promoting natural beauty and working hard. I made 103 public appearances and raised £5659 for giddos gift and abbies army.


Together with my sister queen Olivia, we teamed up to organise our own events such as charity pageants, carnival queen competitions, bag packs and online tombolas. Our charity pageants were such a big hit with the locals that we ended up running four of them- miss valentines beauty, miss spring beauty, miss autumn beauty and miss winter beauty. Most of these girls who entered have now gone onto national level themselves!
Such an achievement, you should be so proud! How did it feel being called into the Top 2 and being named the winner?! Do you have any highlights of the week, apart from winning of course!
When my name was called into the top two I cried. I could not believe it and more for me as I was in the top two with my close friend amelia who lives in the same area as me and we started pageantry together. I broke down when my name was called, honestly it was so overwhelming a real dream come true! I went out to the finals with an open mind of just having fun and enjoying the week, winning was never in my head! I have a big thank you to mark tooby for keeping me stocked up with tissues after my name was called!
The highlight of the week for me is hard as I really enjoyed it all. I made friends for life and didnt stop having fun. One big thing was my prize package for winning the ultimate charity title. I was given the prize of swimming with dolphins. I honestly could not believe my luck as it was something I always wanted to do. This experience was magical and something I will treasure forever.

Of course, you were the charity winner. Do you have any other charities you will be working with?

The charity I will be working with this year is Giddos Gift. These are a fairly local charity to me as they are only based in flint. They help provide teenages battling cancer with grants. I have met the trustees a few times and have to say they are so grateful for all the work us pageant queens do. They are always so supportive and friendly, so this year I plan to promote the charity as much as I can and raising those funds to help children battling the horrible disease of Cancer.

Finally, any advice for new queens looking to get started?

My advice for future queens would be to go out there, work hard and enjoy every part of your title. I'm only 11 but my mum once told me “crowns are made of hard work and determination” I took this quote on board and now I have the title I worked so hard for. Make friends, be kind and remember to be fully dressed, you need a smile
Oliva- Teen International Beauty 2019

Welcome Oliva, could you tell us how you got to the point of winning the international title?

My title is teen natural beauty international 2019, before then I was Miss Natural Beauty North Wales.

I prepared for internationals by travelling over 20,000 miles around the uk representing the system, completed 116 appearances along with 50 hours of volunteer work and raises £5320 for Giddo’s gift and Abbie’s Army. I attended several pageant events, judged as well as host my very own charity pageants with our Junior Winner.

What was the best part about internationals?

When I was called to be in the top 2 I didn’t think i had it at all that’s why when my name was called I was left speechless. I don’t have a specific highlight from internationals because the whole week was phenomenal but if I was to choose something it would be the bonds we all made with each other throughout the week and still have to this day we all had the best week together and had so much fun together.

Do you have a platform or charity you support?

Natural beauty’s chosen charity is Giddo’s gift. Giddo’s gift is a teenage cancer charity providing financial grants or gifts to teenager and young people fighting their cancer battle. I have many plans for fundraising throughout the year so you will have to follow my page to see more updates! I will also be continuing my community work and supporting my other sister queen's charity events.
Lastly, any advice for future pageant queens?
My advice is to know your system inside and out. Natural is about hard work and commitment and I knew my system before I won. So my words of advice not just to natural girls but to all queens is to know what your system is looking for.



Pamela- Miss Natural Beauty International

Welcome Pamela! Can you tell us a little bit more about how you got to the finals of Natural Beauty?

I won the title of Miss Natural Beauty Scotland, so from then on it was attend as many events as I could before the final. From fundraising to practicing, whether it was interview or walking in my heels as well as planning those international outfits! My sash was a very well travelled sash!

One of my favourite appearances was the Natural Beauty awards, where my boyfriend won Pageant Boyfriend of the Year! I got my award for Best Queen at the Scottish Pageant Awards so we are an award winning couple!


How did you feel when you won? Apart from winning, what was the highlight of internationals?

I was so overwhelmed it felt like everything I had worked for over the last 5 years had all come together for this moment. As most of you would know I was meant to have my first experience at internationals after winning Face of Scotland at the doomed FOTG finals back in 2017, so to finally achieve my dream of winning at internationals was amazing.

If I had to pick a highlight, I would say the water park! We all had so much fun before the finals, just relaxing and enjoying the slides!

Do you have a charity you support or a platform?

I have fundraised for Giddos gift,supporting teenage cancer. Before that, the Scotland heat fundraised for abbie's Army. Both charities are amazing charities and deserve all the fundraising to help children with Cancer.

What are your plans for the rest of the year?To make the most of every moment I have my title as I know the time will pass so quickly so I want to make sure I make my reign one to remember! I have just handed over to the new Miss Natural Beauty Scotland, so I am not counting the days til my second hand over at all!

Finally,any advice for future pageant queens?


Always be true to yourself and enjoy every moment of your pageant experience!

Kiah- Ulitmate Natural Beauty Queen of the Year

Welcome Kiah, can you tell us a little more about your title?

My title is Ultimate Natural Beauty Queen of the Year. I prepared for internationals by travelling over 20,000 miles all over England, Scotland and Wales to attend appearances representing the Natural Beauty System. I raised over £2,500 for Abbie’s Army and Giddos Gift. I raised the money by holding Miss Easter Sparkle charity pageants in Wigan, running photo competitions, bag packing in Tesco’s and holding raffles and tombola stalls at events.

Can you tell us the highlights of the international finals, they looked amazing!

The highlight of the internationals was the Hawaiian party on the first night because it was great to have everyone together for the first time.
I didn’t expect to place at the internationals and when I made the top 2 in my age group I was so proud of myself and my achievement. I was shocked and filled with joy to hear my name called for the Ultimate Natural Beauty Queen of the Year after the judges had selected me for this title as every girl had worked very hard on the lead up to the international competition.

What plans do you have with your title now you have won?

For the rest of the year I have a lot of events planned to hold and attend to raise money and awareness of the charities and the Natural Beauty System. I also have plans to visit Ireland so I will have taken my crown and sash to all corners of the UK and also visit The Gambia to show all my family, friends and sponsor Aminata. I am very lucky that I get to compete again in 2020 to get a second chance of the title, so I am super excited to plan my outfits!

Do you have a charity or platform as a pageant queen?

I supported Abbie’s Army, Giddos gift and daughters of The Gambia throughout my journey and I will continue to support and raise awareness of these charities throughout my reigning year. I also plan to continue with my shipments of clothes, toys, stationary and medications to The Gambia.
One more thing before you go, can you tell us some advice for new pageant queens?
My advice for the new queens is to work hard, be prepared, have fun, be yourself and cherish every friendship and memory you make.


Linda- Ms Natural Beauty International 2019

Welcome Linda, can you tell us about being the first ever Ms winner?

My title is Ms Natural Beauty International . I prepared for internationals by travelling all over England, Scotland and Wales by trains,planes, taxi and buses to attend appearances representing the Natural Beauty System. I raised over £4850 for Abbie’s Army . I raised the money by holding Miss Summer Beauty, , Easter Bunny Beauty pageants in Wigan, running photo competitions, bag packing in Tesco’s and holding raffles and tombola stalls at events.

I was very proud to have my second crowning moment, as the first crowning moment was being crowned Ms Natural Beauty United Kingdom which brought me to the finals.


Can you tell us your personal highlight of the internationals, as well as that winning feeling?


The highlight of the internationals was the full experiences of being in my first International pageant and making loads of experiences . I was in so much shock when they announced my name as the winner as well as winning side awards of Best in national wear ,Best in interview ,Most publicity ,Most charity in my age section and Best in evening wear .

What charity do you support?
I supported Abbie’s Army for the International but my aim now is to raise money for Giddos gift for the 12 months of being a Natural Beauty International queen.

What are your plans for the rest of the year?
For the rest of the year, I have a lot of events planned to hold and attend to raise money and awareness of the charities and the Natural Beauty System, like bag packs my own charity pageant raffles and a charity motorbike ride as I don't like motorbikes so I'm going to ride on the back of one from my own town Wigan to Wales.
Finally, what advice could you give to a new queen?
My advice for the new queens is to be yourself have fun, be prepared for a lot of work to help the charity and the Natural Beauty system.

Thank you so much to all the queens for taking the time out to be interviewed! You can see more of their journey at the Natural Beauty International Facebook Page!

Photos by Ryan

Comments