Queen Saturday- Royal Miss UK

Queen Saturday here and this week we are bringing you a few queens from the Royal International Miss United Kingdom, which has recently had a change in directorship in the form of former International Ms winner Hollie Robinson. 

We talked about how their week at internationals were, being a Royal UK queen and what they have planned before handing over their titles in February! 

Lily-May- Pre-Teen 

Welcome Lily-May, can you tell us a bit more about your journey to the crown?

I was a very late entry into Royal Miss so was unable to promote the system prior to the finals but I have really enjoyed promoting it since then. It just shows that you can be a late entry and still take the crown!

Amazing achievement! So for so,done who entered so late, how did it feel to have that crowning moment? 

I was overwhelmed as I did not expect to win.. I was really happy when I won and slightly in awe of the whole experience.

How did you find international and tell us a little bit more about them!

Everything at Internationals was amazing. I was so excited to just have the opportunity to go an be part of it.  I loved competing on an international stage which was huge and my favourite round was evening wear in my yellow gown. I absolutely loved the parties and my reindeer ears loved Christmas in July. The highlight was winning  International ScrapBook for my division as my trophy was huge. Spending quality time with my sister Queens was also a huge part of Internationals.

That must of been fun taking back on the plane! So we talk about platforms here in  pageants and even though you are a preteen you still have a fabulous platform, can you tell us a bit more?

I have been an eco warrior for several years and through my platform Green Queens Initiative I promote the three R’s. Reduce, Reuse and recycle. I apply these principles to every area of waste from my most hated items,plastic straws and balloons ,which end up in the ocean and damage our ocean creatures to clothing which is also a source of pollution and waste. I try encourage everyone to recycle properly.
I’m also an avid Beach cleaner having run my own beach cleans and taking part in those arranged by the marine conservation society.

Finally, what advice could you give to people looking to get into pageants? 

Be yourself and have fun. Do the best you can and remember you don’t need a crown on your head to be a Queen, you just need to act like one and the crown will find you . 

Junior Teen Anya

Welcome Anya, tell us what you did in the lead up to the finals as with RIM you don’t need to make appearances or fundraise?

In the lead up to the finals I did my best to get out and promote my system as much I could, I also tried to make a difference in my community by doing things like visiting the emergency services and giving them gifts to say thank you for their hard work. I also visited the elderly patients in our local hospital at Christmas to give them gifts as many of them don’t get any visitors at all, it was lovely to see their faces light up.

How did it feel when your name was called out as the Junior Teen winner?

When I competed in Royal I really wasn’t expecting to win, I was competing against two amazing girls and it was lovely to make some new friends and gain experience. When my name was called, I was so surprised I started crying! It was a dream come true, ever since I started pageants 3 years ago,this was always the pageant that I dreamed of winning, and I did it.

You got to experience your first international, what was the highlight for you? 

The whole experience of international was absolutely amazing! But the highlight was definitely meeting people and making friends from around the world, everyone there was so kind and supportive and we all got on so well! We were telling each other about where we live and what it’s like and I learnt so much from it, I made real friendships at internationals and I still keep in touch with them now!

Since there is no chosen charity what is your platform and can you tell us more?

My platform is health and fitness, the reason I chose this platform is because I’ve always been a very active person that loves sport but with this generation so many children and becoming overweight from the lack of exercise. My goal is to educate children and try to encourage them to take part in a sport and to try new healthy foods.

Finally, what advice would you give to people looking to get into pageants?

My advice would be to just be yourself and don’t change! Also find a pageant that suits you, look into a pageant first and see if it’s what you want to represent and promote.

Trinity- Teen

Hi Trinity! Tell us how you prepared for the finals that lead to your crowning moment?

On the lead up to the finals, I didn’t have much time to plan and do appearances like I do now as I entered quite late with only two weeks until the finals! As soon as I got my sash delivered, I went to as many as I could squeeze in and did a few bits to practice like my stage walk!

Amazing, so you entered late but snatched the crown! How did it feel to have your name called as the winner?

I was so shocked beyond belief when I heard my name called. I was the winner! I honestly was not expecting it at all, which you could see in all the photos from the night! It’s a night I will never forget and a memory to cherish forever.

So you won your title and got to travel to America! What was one of your highlights of internationals?

Oh gosh, do I have to pick just one?! I think the main highlight for me was the Christmas in July party. It was so out the ordinary, I’ve never had a Christmas in July before, the dinner and everything! The UK queens literally partied the hardest, we were still dancing until the last minutes when everything had been packed away, but we were still having an amazing time together!

We love a good Christmas party, no matter when it is! RIM doesn’t have a chosen charity, so can you tell us your chosen platform?

My platform is raising awareness for Mental Health. It is so important to me to try and educate, and generally break the taboo of talking about depression, anxiety and all other mental health illnesses. I feel it is my duty as a survivor and a calling to become a mental health counsellor as a career. In terms of charity, as well as donating to different mental health charities like MIND for example, I also donate to Cat’s Protection as I have four furry friends myself and care for all cats wellbeing’s.

It’s very important to look after your mental health and also your furry friend! Finally, can you tell us a little bit of advice for teens looking to compete?

Chose the right system for you! Look into what the system values and believes. Does it empower you and support what you believe in also? Don’t change yourself to fit into a pageant, find one that fits for you.

Miss- Chloe

Welcome Chloe, can you tell us your journey to the crown?

I joined the system with just 1 month to go, but had been preparing for my pageant venture by fundraising for Endometriosis UK. To raise funds I acquired signed boxing gloves and made my own advent calendars, something small to make the biggest waves.

Amazing! Can you tell us what it was like in that moment when your name was finally called as the winner?

Having my name called as the winner was a really surreal moment. Winning a national title after just over a year in pageantry felt amazing! Seeing my boyfriends face from the front row was probably the biggest highlight. I physically don’t remember them calling my name, just that I already had cried for Trinity when her name was called!

We love cute moments like that! So you all got to travel to Orlando, how was your experience of your first ever internationals? Do you have any highlights?

The highlight of internationals was being called for top 15. I could hear the other Misses who I’d had the privilege of making friends with,cheering for me. I was called first so I really didn’t have time to be nervous! I only had time to enjoy it!

Could you tell us a little more about your platform, as you talk about raising funds for Endometriosis at the start of this interview?

I support Endometriosis UK and their messages on menstrual health. Being part of the 1 in 10 women Endometriosis affects, I made it my mission to speak to young people about the importance of menstrual well-being. This lead me to run workshops in colleges.

A very important message and one us females need to keep a top on to see the signs so we can the signs! Can you tell us one piece of advice for readers looking to get into the sparkling world of pageants?

I would advise people looking into starting pageants to research into different systems and finding one you love. Start small if you need to build confidence but there’s nothing stopping a first timer taking home a big title! Find a system that suits you, don’t change to fit in.

 Christina- Ms 


Hi Christina, can you tell us what you did on the lead up to the finals as you had a bit more time than the other winners?

I had some fun doing Random Acts of Kindness in my home town, leaving candy canes on cars in the car parks and handing out Gold Chocolate Coins to children on Christmas Eve dresses as Mrs Claus. I also decided I would create my own Fashion Wear outfit and used Chiffon fabric for the first time in my life to create my detachable skirt. Before finals I began to work on my platform and raise awareness of the early symptoms of Dementia with Lewy Bodies. 

So you had prepared for the crown and your name had finally been called! How did it feel to not only win, but to be the overall winner to win the fully paid trip?

It felt fantastic. I had taken pageant coaching beforehand and felt that I had really given it my best so it felt amazing to see the work paid off. I also loved winning Best in Interview as the previous year in a different system my interview was not good! 

Tell us a highlight of the internationals?

Getting to meet all my International Sister Queens. I’ve met some truly inspirational women and will cherish their friendships for years to come. Another highlight was getting to share a room with my UK Sister Queen Royal International Miss Chloe Brookes. I had the best time getting to know her and feel blessed to have had the opportunity as we live so far apart in the UK. 

You talked about raising awareness earlier on, what charities do you support as a Ms queen? 

My Platform, in memory of my Father in Law, is raising awareness of the diseases that can cause Dementia and also in honour of my Mother in Law, I have been raising funds for Alzheimer’s Society UK

Finally, if you could give one piece of advice to queens looking to compete in pageants, what would it be?

Just do it! You won’t regret it. The pageant bug is real. It opens so many doors both nationally and internationally and is a wonderful networking opportunity not really available in other industries with such a broad age range and with people from all walks of life.

Comments