Queen Saturday- Miss Social Media GB

Queen Saturday is back and this time we bring you another Miss Great British Finalist, who we met at a recent pageant events supporting her fellow sister queens! We have Danielle who is Miss Social Media 2019/20 and will be competing next February for the Miss GB Crown. We talk pageants, charities and rugby!

Hi Danielle and welcome to Sparkles and Rhinestones! So tell us a bit more about how you got your title as some queens have their regional town on their titles but you have social media?

My title is Miss Social Media 2019/20 and I was awarded this after winning Miss Publicity at the Miss Brighton live heat back in September- it seems like a lifetime ago. 
I will be competing in Miss Great Britain in February, which I’m really excited about. If it is anything like Miss Brighton, it’s going to be an incredible experience. 

I was only announced Miss Social Media GB a couple of weeks ago, plus, I’m currently in the process of writing my thesis for Master’s degree at Brighton Business School, so I haven’t had a lot of time to let the news sink in yet! However, I have some very exciting things in the pipeline over the next few months in the lead up to the final, such as collaborative work with business, charity work and lots of other ‘hush hush’ things but keep an eye out, you won’t want to miss it!!

Amazing, and shows why you won the Social Media title! How did you get into the world of pageantry?

I’ve always admired people who entered beauty pageants and for years, I’ve watched many of my friends take part and I saw nothing positivity from it. Although, until this year, I didn’t really have the courage to enter but when I saw the Miss Brighton GB advertisement over the summer, I thought, why not! I never expected to get selected, but I did and I was so happy but very nervous. 

I’m a rugby player so people don’t stereotypically see me as a pageant girl and neither did I if you asked me a year ago. However, as soon as I started talking about being a rugby player and competing in pageants, I soon discovered that I had a platform to break the stereotypes and spark change. I soon found myself educating people and communities that you can achieve anything! The response that I have got over the last 5 months has been incredible, and I’m completely blown away. 

One of the many reasons I love pageantry is how diverse it is! So fast forward to next February, what would you do it that iconic crown was placed onto your head?

I cannot begin to explain how much it would mean to win, there would be no words, particularly as you’re sharing the stage with some truly inspirational women. If I were to win, I would continue to promote positivity and educate. I would continue to work with businesses and charities and hopefully, be a positive influence on people. 
I’m already lucky enough to have the platform of Miss Social Media but to have the platform of Miss Great Britain and represent such a diverse culture would be fantastic. 

You spoke about breaking the stereotypes and having a platform to promote it, do you have a platform or charity that you support as a pageant queen?

For Miss Great Britain, we are raising money for Alex’s Wish and Cancer Research, which are both such great charities and I’m looking forward to raising money for them. Cancer Research is a particularly special one for me as I have had close family members fight the awful battle with cancer and if affects so many of us one way or another. 

For my platform, I started to promote and show people that it does not matter what your interests are or what your body is like, you can achieve anything you want to do! I went from watching and admiring others, to actually stepping out there and doing it myself- it was the best decision I have ever made. I have found that pushing the boundaries and breaking stereotypes has inspired people and that is such an honour. This pageant girl is more than just a crown, I am proud to play rugby and getting my Master! The Miss Great Britain organisation embodies the ethos of accepting all and I am so grateful that I get the opportunity to make a difference and encourage others to follow their dreams. Pageants are such a rewarding and positive thing to do, I would tell everyone to get involved. 

Pageant girls can achieve anything!! Lastly, could you give our readers any advice for people looking to get into pageants and competing?

If I have learned anything throughout this process, it is to just be yourself because there is only one of you. People have this impression that you need to look and be a certain way in order to compete and be successful in pageant but really want makes you stand out is loving who you are and being confident in yourself. You should also embrace the learning process. 

Since competing in Miss Brighton and now Miss Great Britain, I have learnt so much about myself- it has been a real eye opener. So my advice, enjoy the journey, grab every opportunity and have fun!

You can follow Danielle’s journey to the crown on Instagram @danielleevans_8

Comments