Queen Saturday- Junior Face of Northern Ireland

Queen Saturday is here and this week we are bringing you a Junior Queen all the way from Northern Ireland! Angelina Kane is the current Junior Face of Northern Ireland and will be competing in November at the Face of Europe and the World finals in Disneyland! We spoke to Angelina and her mother, Elizabeth, all about her pageant experiences!

Hi Angelina, welcome to Queen Saturday! Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your pageant journey?

Angelina is 9, and has Autism which means it might take her a little bit longer to get to where she needs to be, but she doesn’t let anything hold her back! She loves the fun factor of doing pageants and has made some amazing friends along the way. She has raised over £2000 for Make a Wish a foundation and helped raise funds for a memorial classroom for a little boy who sadly died at her school. 

She did lots towards the finals and when she was crowned the Junior Miss it was like all her dreams come true, she couldn’t believe it was her who had won!!

Sounds like dreams can come true, and you will be spending those dreams in Disneyland! So the chosen charity for FOEAW is Headway East Kent, can you tell me some of the things you have been doing as they seem very exciting!

I have done raffles, a sponsored walk and a mad hatters tea party which was very fun! As well as this I have also collected toys for the charity Barnardo’s to be given out to children in foster care this Christmas. I feel it’s so important to give back! I love helping people!

Headway is a charity that helps people who have suffered brain injuries, every year around 350,000 people are admitted to hospital with an acquired brain injury in the UK, that’s one every 90 seconds! Headway help improve life after brain injury by providing vital support and information services to help the after care. 

It’s one of the best parts of pageantry, hearing how pageant queens help so many! Can you tell us what pageants have done for you?

Winning Face of Junior Northern Ireland has given me so much confidence and to really believe in myself. I want to show others that if I can win it, so can you! I also love raising funds for charity, being kind is the most beautiful thing you can do!

What are you looking forward to for the finals, and do you have any plans if you do win the crown this November?

I am looking forward to meeting everyone,  meeting new friends and to enjoy the whole experience, especially going to Disney! We are busy preparing my outfits as we speak! If I were to win, it would mean the world to me and show other girls to let nothing hold you back, we are all amazing! I really want to be an inspiration and show that Autism doesn’t affect who I am as a beauty queen.


Lastly any pageant advice?

To always have manners and be respectful, to be yourself and to enjoy the new friends you meet! Finally, to never give up on your dreams!

Comments