Queen Saturday- Elena Stathaki

Photo by Andy Boschier 
Queen saturday brings you another queen who will be competing for the first ever Ms Great Britain title next February from Elena  

Welcome Elena, tell us how you are preparing for the Ms finals next February? 

I am doing what I can to promote mental health awareness and a healthy body image. I plan to go to local schools and discuss the importance of acceptance of all walks of life, and how bullying can affect you in adult life.

 As a working musician I will be attending and performing at many mental health charity gigs leading up to the finals in February 2020.I also work with young people conducting mentoring sessions and wellbeing talks. 

Sounds like a very busy few months! Tell us, if you were to be crowned the first Ms winner for Miss Great Britain, what would you do with your title? 

I am hoping, by winning such a competition like Ms Great Britain, it will give me a bigger platform to spread the positive message I am standing for. To win this competition would be an honour, however to be given the opportunity to get this far and raise awareness for such a current and
important cause is a privilege.

You've talked about a bigger platform to spread your message, as a pageant queen do you have a platform or charity you are supporting? 

I will be supporting Cancer Research UK and Alex's Wish ( Local charity to Leicester)  this autumn by running gig nights and cake sale so watch this space! I will also be working closely with Mind Charity in the coming months. 
Such good charities that really need the help! Tell us how you got into pageantry? 

I did not have a healthy relationship with myself growing up. In magazines and on tv I would see women representing my generation who I could not relate to, and it made me question my career path as a model and musician,  I would love to be a role model and inspiration to anyone in that position now. I want to be the person that I needed when I was a child.

Finally, if you could give anyone reading this who would like to get into pageants or looking to enter another pageant, any advice, what would you tell them? 

Follow your dreams, do not let anything or anyone hold you back, you are unique and that is what makes you who you are, do not be afraid of that. It is never to late to pursue your passion and show the world who you are.

Comments