A little junior miss with a queen sized heart! Queen Saturday

Queen Saturday here at Sparkles and Rhinestones HQ and today we are bringing you the sassy Young American Miss International Supreme Congeniality  Mia! Mia won her title in Texas this year after travelling to America as the very first Young European International Junior Miss! We spoke with both Mia and her pageant mumma Lou about their pageant journey!

Photo by Jason Wade Photography
How did it feel to win in America?

So awesome, I was so shocked that I had won because everyone at YAMI were amazing that I cried when I got off stage! I felt really proud of myself becoming one of Sabina's queens because I'd worked really hard & my big sister queens & Jeyanne had really helped me so winning my crown made me happy for them too because their hardwork helped me!


You’ve been doing a lot of work for the cat protection which got you nominated for a Yami trailblazer award, tell me a little more about what you’ve been doing?

My mum helped me tell people on Facebook I was collecting things that the cats protection needed & we set up an amazon wishlist so people could order goodies to be sent to me straighy away. I've had donations sent from lots of people even from one of my sister queens in America! I also sponsor a pen at the shelter so that when cats arrive they have somewhere safe & warm to go.
I have visited the centre three times now to drop off all the goodies I've collected & I always visit the kitties when I go! I can't wait tongo back next time as I already have 2 more bags of goodies to take for the kitties!

How have you enjoyed your year as a queen?

I've had the bestest time, I was really lucky & got the most awesome big sister queens to spend my year with & we had so much fun in Texas together. I've loved showing other girls my age how much fun you can have as a junior queen & that even though we're only little we can make a big difference in the world!

I'm a bit sad it's nearly time to hand my YEMI crown & title over but I'm also really excited to see who the new junior will be & to carry on all my hard work with my international title!

Lou
How did you feel when Mia's name was called?

I was already so proud of her making the top 3 in her division, winning best in formal wear & being nominated for a trail blazer award, so when her name was called again I was completely stunned, infact so much so I had no idea what she'd been called back for! Congeniality is done differently in America to the UK & is in fact awarded by the judges to the girl they feel embodies the true pageant spirit & motto & let's that shine through in her actions & behaviour not just on competition weekend but in the whole build up too, so as a mum pageant or not you can't help but burst with pride that your child is the one chosen for that award!
Jason Wade Photography
What has pageant done for your daughter and any advice for pageant mums?

Before pageants Mia wouldn't put her hand up in class, join in at parties, or speak to people she didn't really know. We discovered at 3 years old she suffers with absence epilepsy & it really knocked her self confidence in certain situations.

Pageants have helped turn Mia into a well rounded, confident, sassy child. During her year with Young European International & Jeyanne I've watched her really blossom into a pretty awesome young lady with the responsibility firstly a national title with YEMI & now the international title with YAMI have given her.

If you would like more information about YEMI and YAMI check out the following websites;

www.yemipageants.co.uk
www.youngamericanmiss.com 

Comments