Nancy- Miss Teen Cheshire GB


Today's interview is with the lovely Nancy, who is currently competing for the title of Miss Teen Great Britain. We spoke to Nancy on skype for our Queen Interviews but due to wifi issues and skype, we had a voice call instead but I wanted to add more to the amazing interview if you have given it a listen!

Hi Nancy, can you tell us what you have been doing to prepare for the finals in October? 

So to prepare for the MTGB finals, I have of course worked on my walk by wearing heels even more than I do trainers. Also for my interview prep I worked on really getting to know myself- my goals, hobbies and future aspirations, which leads onto my main form of preparation which is mindfulness. I do a lot of yoga and meditation to really get into a great headspace as when you really enjoy yourself I feel as though that radiates more.

Mindfulness is very important, and a refreshing take on pageant prep! Can you tell us what you would do if you were to walk away the winner of Miss Teen GB?

If I were to win, I would make it my mission to use my platform to reach out to as many girls as possible and support them in learning to love themselves. I believe that pageants teach you that self love that is so amazing to have,as with that comes belief in yourself within the pageant world and in the real world. If I had the honour, I would like to be the Miss Teen Great Britain who inspires girls to be kind and compassionate to everyone.

Fingers Crossed! So we talked about your platform, can you tell us more about it? 

This  year I have worked extremely hard on my platform ‘BEE HEARD’ where I hoped to raise awareness and lessen the stigma of mental health. I worked with an amazing photographer who helped me to portray mental health as an isolating illness, misunderstood and often lonely. Then I also created bee heard T-shirt’s and little bee pins were all the profits go to young minds(we have currently raised £100+).

I was also blessed to have so much support from the pageant community; however I was also shocked and saddened by how many girls had been or had ongoing mental health struggles. Being someone who had struggled with my mental health in the past, I remember feeling very alone unaware of how many people were going through similar issues as me. That is why I reached out to the girls with an idea, why don’t we all start talking about mental health with each other~ share our story’s showing that you can still have struggles, whilst being a super successful beauty queen! Mental health can’t control you; you control your mental health.

Lastly, for someone looking to enter pageants, what advice would you give them?

My advice to any girls thinking about entering a pageant... Don’t think just do it! You will have the most insane experience of your life, making lifelong friendships. But the most amazing thing is becoming your best self, watching your confidence grow and seeing all the opportunities that follow with self belief! 

Find a system that you share the same values as, then enter and watch your life change!

Thank you Nancy, you can listen to her full interview on our facebook page @sparklesandrhinestones

Comments